Dear Prospective Client,
I spent the past 13 years working in one of the most high-powered, fast-paced, and stressful industries in the world. By the time I was 27, I was promoted to Vice President where the typical VP promote is 32-33. At 30, I led a region responsible for generating tens of millions of dollars in yearly revenue. The very next year, I was promoted again to Executive Director. During this 13 year time period my income increased by more than 7X, leading to the financial freedom I now experience today.
I want you to achieve in five years what the typical person takes 10 years, 15 years or perhaps never to achieve. As you grow older, you’ll realize time becomes more precious because you have less of it. This is why you’ve got to make the most of your opportunity right now.
I know what it takes to get ahead in a brutally competitive world. I came from a middle class family and attended The College of William & Mary, a top state school with no rich uncle to help get me started. I then went on to receive my MBA from UC Berkeley in 2006 while concurrently working brutal hours.
In 2012, I retired early with a $5M+ net worth at the age of 34. Beginning in 2016, my net worth surpassed $10M largely due to coming up with an investment game plan and sticking with it, while building a profitable online business for the past seven years.
If you are the smartest person in the room and have no social skills, you will not succeed. If you have incredible social skills, but lack substance, you will eventually fail. If you’ve accumulated a million dollars but don’t know how to invest your money except for in a 0.2% savings account, you’re not maximizing your returns. It’s important to cultivate all your skills and your knowledge to get ahead. I will help you get there.
The key to never saying, “If I knew then what I know now,” is to consult with someone who’s been there. Find a friend, mentor, relative, parent, or professional coach. Whatever you do, find someone today to avoid the many land mines of tomorrow.
My expertise revolves around contract negotiations, real estate, retirement planning, investment portfolio construction, passive income, and career planning. If getting into business school, getting a promotion, negotiating a severance package, building multiple streams of income, or finding ways to maximize your returns are things you care about, I’m the coach for you.
CAREER & PERSONAL FINANCE SERVICES
* Getting In And Identifying Career Paths: Whether you went to Harvard or Chico State, you need guidance to give yourself a chance to enter some of the most competitive industries in the world (consulting, banking, venture capital, private equity, internet). If you cannot close the last mile (the interview and getting a job), you might as well have wasted your four years in college and burned all that money spent on tuition, room, and board. I’ve rejected tons of Ivy League candidates because of their lack of communication skills, presentation skills, fundamental knowledge of the industry, and understanding of themselves. On the flip side, I’ve hired candidates who did not go to a “target school”, but who are well put together. Over the past decade, I’ve interviewed hundreds of candidates and know who will go forward, and who will not. I will help you get through the interview process and help increase your chances of getting into some of the most lucrative fields today.
* Career Advancement: Ever ask yourself why some get promotion after promotion while others fail to get recognized despite doing the same work? There are some critical things employees must do in order to get ahead. It is absolutely naive of you to think that just doing good work will bring you recognition. Doing good work is standard! Your greatest asset is yourself. Don’t short change your future. As someone who consistently got promoted at a younger than standard age, I will provide guidance in helping you get what you deserve in your career.
* Contract Negotiations: Let’s say you are a great employee and are getting bid away by a competitor. You like your job and don’t want to change, but the other offer is extremely tempting. How do you maximize your scenario? As one of the top performers at my firm, I received bids away practically every year for the past 10 years. I will teach you how to maximize your competitor’s bid without disrupting your relationship with your existing company. I will also help you negotiate getting a raise with your existing employer. There is a very delicate balance to earning what you are worth without putting a target on your back.
* Maximizing Severance Agreements: One of the biggest tragedies I witness all the time is long-time employees quitting their jobs out of frustration, fear, or hope. Any type of extemporaneous action is an assault to one’s long term finances. Pursuing your dreams is fine, but to do so and give up tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential severance is a tragedy. One person I know gave up on over $400,000 in potential severance because he failed to realize the various losses in his contract if he left. Others simply don’t know their employment rights, nor do they know how to negotiate. I wrote a 100 page book teaching you how to engineer your layoff after working with dozens of clients. After a month of negotiations, I also engineered my own layoff with a severance package equal to six years worth of living expenses.
* Building A Real Estate Portfolio. Real estate is my favorite financial asset today. Property prices have come down since the crisis while mortgage rates have dropped to historical lows. In many parts of the country, you can purchase property with an immediate return due to the positive spread between rental yields and mortgage rates. The best deals are had by the best negotiators with the most promising terms. Afterward, it’s about maximizing income. I have built a multi-million dollar property portfolio over the past 10 years.
* Analyzing Your Investment Portfolio. Stocks and bonds are an integral part of your wealth accumulation strategy. I have spent the past 13 years in the investment business and during this time period I have built a $1 million dollar+ portfolio. I will review your investment portfolio and advise on whether your asset allocation is appropriate with your risk tolerance. My advice comes from my own framework I’ve created about the proper asset allocation of stocks and bonds by age. I was Series 7 and Series 63 registered and have an MBA from a top 10 school with an emphasis in finance.
* Building An Online Business. For those of you who have a presence online or who are considering taking the leap, I’ve spent the past 7 years and 12,000+ hours learning how to develop sustainable online income. I’ve managed to build a multiple five figure monthly online income stream for the past four years from nothing. I’ll teach you about affiliate income, negotiating prime sponsorships, building a community, ranking well in search engines, content marketing, and the use of various advertisement platforms. At the very least, strengthen your brand by registering your name online!
* Putting Together A Long Term Retirement Plan. Retirement takes careful planning. You don’t want to end up short, nor do you want to end up with too much money. I want to help you build multiple income streams, optimize your tax strategies, and get you in the right savings mindset in order to reach financial independence. I currently earn roughly
$80,000 a year in passive income $110,000 in passive income $150,000 in passive income $175,000 a year in passive income $211,000 a year in passive income as of September 8, 2016. I’ll teach you how to replicate my framework to produce your own.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Someone who is willing to invest in him or herself and no longer wants to make excuses.
* A parent who wants what’s best for their children and recognizes the importance of a long-term investment. If you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on your child’s college education, but s/he cannot find a reasonable job, then you are not maximizing your return.
* A late bloomer who recognizes time is limited and wants to do everything possible to get back on track.
* Someone looking to build a real estate investment portfolio and wants to know how to analyze a property, get the right tenants, reduce turnover, and borrow at the right price and duration.
* Someone who wants to build diverse passive income streams to have more optionality in doing other things.
* Someone who has worked at their job for 5+ years and who is looking to profitably quit their job. You don’t want to leave money on the table, yet you also don’t want to burn any bridges.
Cost And Format
A la carte (One Session): $800 per 1.15 hour session. The 15 minutes is there as an extra buffer to get to know you better and not feel rushed during our session. Before our session I’ll review your application and ask you followup questions to maximize our time together. We’ll then go over your specific issues and come up with action items to achieve your goals. Within 24 hours I’ll send you my notes and written action items for you to follow.
Samurai (Two Sessions): $1,500 for two, 1.15 hour live consulting sessions over a one month time frame. The one month time frame is used to assess your situation, set up an action plan, help you execute the action plan, and review your progress. In addition, you will have free e-mail correspondence opportunities between live sessions.
Follow-on sessions: If you choose to elect the two session package, every follow on session is $700. Most of my clients hire me to do follow-up sessions for annual financial checkups, advice on where to best deploy a large sum of capital, buying real estate, and advice on negotiating a job severance or job offer.
We can either speak on the phone, over Skype, or meet face to face if you are based in San Francisco for each session. I am also sometimes in Honolulu or Lake Tahoe and can meet there as well if more convenient. About 95% of my consultations are done over the phone or Skype and 5% are done in person. I charge a $80 trip fee for in-person sessions to cover my time. Before each session, we will have crafted an itinerary to maximize our productivity. Between sessions, you are welcome to e-mail me for follow up questions and advice. I will always respond within a 24 hour period.
All information between us is 100% private and will never be shared with anybody, ever.
If interested, the initial deposit fee payable by check or Paypal is half the session amount that goes towards the total cost. I will spend time understanding your story and coming up with a game plan before our first discussion.
After becoming a client, I recommend doing a follow up at least a once a year follow up to make sure everything is on track. I will send you my action plan after each call because without no action, there is no point!
Finally, if you run a business, sole-proprietor or freelancer, you may be able to deduct the cost of the consulting expenses. I will send an invoice of services rendered.
Due to time constraints as well as my desire to provide the best service, I am limiting the number of clients to no more than four a month at any given time period. I only want to work with the most serious people who are absolutely determined to get ahead. Before you consider becoming a client, please take the time to read more about my background and as many articles as you wish on Financial Samurai so you can be better acquainted when we finally speak.
Please fill out some basic information so I can understand more about you and what you’d like to accomplish. The more details you provide, the more I will analyze and help you set a course of action. All information is private and I will get back to you within 48 hours of submission. (Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the form and click submit). Please feel free to also email me at financialsamurai AT gmail DOT com to say that you’ve filled out the application.
Thanks for your interest!
Please make sure to scroll down and answer all six questions and click submit for the application to go through.
If you’re an approved applicant, please submit your deposit using the payment button below.