One of the most gratifying investments I’ve made this year is landscaping a fixer I bought in 2014. Investing in various real estate crowdfunding projects around the country for a potential 8% – 15% return is nice. But there’s something wonderful about coming up with a design and making it come true to improve an asset’s value.
Here are some things I’ve done to the fixer:
- Ripped out the green shag carpet and refinished the original hardwood floors.
- Changed the knob and tube wiring for the latest TR compliant electrical wiring.
- Gutted the kitchen and opened it up to flow into the dining room.
- Replaced the roof.
- Replaced all windows.
- Painted the interior and exterior.
- Built a 175 sqft luxury master bathroom (before and after pics).
- Installed sliding doors from the master bedroom that open out onto a 260 sqft composite deck (before and after pics) with custom boards and railings.
- Built a new retaining wall to hold up my foundation.
Once all of these essential renovations were out of the way, the next step was to landscape!