Ouch. I’m so sore it feels so good baby! I gave it a go with Meredith the personal trainer for a free 45 minute trial session and she did things to me that no woman has ever done before. She made breathe heavily and sweat profusely!
She showed me exercises I never would have thought of doing to solely focus on getting me into shape for tennis.
45 Minute Trial Routine
* Sumo squat rope wave. Whuh?
* Three TRX exercises to improve the quads, core, and shoulders.
* Wind sprints on the treadmill 3 minutes jog, 30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds rest 8X up to 12 mph. I would never do these voluntarily. Why suffer?
* Pro-roller stretches to roll out the calves, quads, IT bands and hamstrings. Talk about pain all over.
* Side stepping through a maze for quickness and agility.
* Core training with cable pulleys three different ways.
* Four different stretches for the back, torso, and legs.
In retrospect, all the stuff I’ve been doing at the gym has been all wrong. I was doing bench presses, butterfly squeezes, lat pull-downs, biceps, and triceps. That’s it really. I never bothered to do anything cardio, or work on the muscles that would help improve my serve or backhand. I just went the easy route. There is also 100% NO CHANCE I would have ever done any wind sprints or anything to make me sweat. Again, I hate working out so I just focused on doing the easiest exercises that required the least amount of effort!