- I have been looking for a new laptop for two years now given my current 12″ i-Book is a hand me down from my wife. It’s got only 512megs of RAM, a 20 gig hard drive, a sticky space bar, and is slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter!
- My wife, on the otherhand, has a shiny 1-year old Macbook I bought her for Christmas. Clearly, I am a little bit envious.
- I walked down aisle 7 at Walgreens and a Loreal shampoo bottle told me, “Because you’re worth it!”
- Nobody really buys me anything for my birthday and the holidays except for my wife. I take it back. My mom got me a nifty plastic cube with a clam in it last winter. I think she found it in an old cubbard. So who’s going to buy me anything? Cue the violins!
- Furthermore, $1,450 really isn’t $1,450 once I get my $230 rebate in the mail for my i-Touch. I can then sell the darn thing on Craigslist for $199 and bring my total outlay down to $1,051!
- Besides, how am I supposed to be a prolific personal finance writer on such old equipment anyway? I can barely do any editing on my 12-inch screen. Oh, the justifications of spending come spouting out now, and I can’t help it.