Author Topic: Learn to Type Faster! Enhanced productivity and more job opportunities!  (Read 153 times)

supportingmaps

• Aonisaibushi (Amateur Samurai)
There's many benefits to typing faster. If you're a programmer like I am it means more lines of code. You can finish off daily tasks faster and take on more projects. You of course can include how fast you type on your resume.

My gameplan:
* Accuracy > speed
* Minimize looking down
* Look at the next words
* Consistent, daily practice. At least 20 minutes, ideally 1 hour.
* Growth mindset
* Established goal of 120 WPM average.

I started practicing on 9/3/20.
https://www.keybr.com/profile/35fjvxw
I started at about 45 WPM and at the moment average 68 WPM. Next month I'll consider practicing on the 10 fingers site.

I will update this thread about once a week. Please share your experience with learning how to type faster!
I help market for small businesses FREE of charge:
www.supportingmaps.com

Kendall

• Apprentice
Re: Learn to Type Faster! Enhanced productivity and more job opportunities!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 08:17:36 AM »
thanks for the website recommendation!

supportingmaps

• Aonisaibushi (Amateur Samurai)
Re: Learn to Type Faster! Enhanced productivity and more job opportunities!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
thanks for the website recommendation!

Yeah no worries! I have 2 laptops: chromebook and a Windows 10. I practice on my chromebook and unfortunately the speed doesn't really carry over to my Windows 10. The key is to stay consistent. I've been practicing at least 10 minutes per day for the past couple of weeks. It's kind of hard since I have to juggle school and I'm working on Zed Shaw's Learn More Python the Hard Way. Very happy to share my work in the coming weeks. I'm trying my hardest to help out small businesses so we'll see how I can tailor Learn More Python the Hard Way to a small business owner.

https://www.keybr.com/profile/35fjvxw

I'm now at 70.9 WPM. I hit 92.8 WPM as my top speed. I've lately been trying to improve my accuracy.
I help market for small businesses FREE of charge:
www.supportingmaps.com