Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence.. Dangerous or useful?  (Read 10938 times)

Hayden

• Aonisaibushi (Amateur Samurai)
Artificial Intelligence.. Dangerous or useful?
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »
FS Community-

What are your thoughts on the development and use of AI. What are the implications in regards to the industries you currently work in? I read an interesting article in Business Insider regarding the use of AI in organizations and the dangers that come with it.

"Yet one thing is clear and remains in our power: artificial intelligence, will never substitute for human wisdom or moral responsibility."

What are your thoughts on this quote? Are we getting over our ski's on this one? I would love to here some thoughts.

Here is the article for reference: https://www.businessinsider.com/sap-executive-on-ai-ethics-2018-10
Very Respectfully,
Hayden

hyperobjeckt

• Apprentice
Re: Artificial Intelligence.. Dangerous or useful?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »
Interesting article and definitely important to think about. I am long SAP and work in biotech, have a lot of thoughts on this but a few key points to me are:
  • AI is a tool
  • like other tools, it perpetuates ethical choices made by its designers
  • we rarely consider how our own biases affect the tools we create
  • an external ethics advisory panel + internal steering committee is a good idea; sustaining the process and giving it teeth is a tough job that will require constant support from management
The cynic in me thinks that the first time this panel advises delaying a ship date in order to address ethical concerns, they will get ignored, rendering the whole thing pointless.

SteveGood

• Aonisaibushi (Amateur Samurai)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 12:56:25 AM »

It depends on user chategory and characters. If you use for good things it's useful or if you use this for bad things it's dangerours.

peaceypz

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »
I believe neuro network, the current version of AI might or might not include coders' bias as it is given an objective and learn by itself on how to achieve the objective and the path to get there.