Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself  (Read 41311 times)

cclarke

• Apprentice
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2019, 06:33:02 PM »
Hello from Oregon! This is going to be so much fun to research and meet people. Briefly, I have a day job in finance and a side hustle. Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Logan Allec

• Apprentice
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2019, 07:30:47 AM »
Hi, I'm Logan.  I'm a CPA and full-time financial blogger.  I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, and my wife and I are new parents.  I've been reading Financial Samurai for the past couple years — mostly since I became a blogger myself — and I like that he says what many others in the world of financial publishing won't.  I'm happy to be here and to learn from you all.

TommyBeam

• Apprentice
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »
Hello! My name is Tommy and my aim is to become more financially successful by learning financial tips and tricks from this forum!

Jeff VA

• Apprentice
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2019, 07:10:38 AM »
Hey everyone.

I found this site some time in 2018 when I was searching Google to find non-biased analysis on the real estate market. It has been a gold mine thus far and I am thoroughly enjoying the active community.

I'm not ready to FIRE yet and don't have plans to FIRE too early because I like my job, but I love talking about finance, life, cars, real estate, family....pretty much most of the topics that are covered on this site.

I hope I can be a valuable contributor and look forward to engaging with y'all either here or in the comment sections.

Cheers!

macarthur wheeler

• Apprentice
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2019, 04:36:21 PM »
Hello fellow FS enthusiasts and assorted humans.  The wife and I have two children, a girl and a boy.  We live in the great southwest with a dingbat of a labrador retriever.  The wife tolerates my personal finance obsession, although she is on board with budgeting, investing, helping and generally tracking how we earn, save and spend United States currency. 

The two people I trust in the crowded personal finance field are the esteemed Dave Ramsey and Sam D.    I am unsure how FS is able to crank out so much quality material week after week.  I am very happy he does it.  What Sam has accomplished matters and has made a positive difference. 

The wife and I are both in government service.  We have pensions that will provide stable and substantial income streams.  No debt except a 15 year mortgage that is being paid off in the next 5 years.  We currently save and invest 40% of our gross income.  We are FIRH. Financial Independence Retire Happy.  Simple makes sense to us.  I would qualify for the bottom of the bottom tier IQ in this forum.  What I lack in IQ I make up for with commitment and my wife would say obsession with finance.  Our son has learned a mantra, "you want to earn interest and not pay it."  For birthdays they know any cash goes into their 529s.  Both have custodial ROTH IRAs.

Our goals:
Raise two productive and caring people
Learn weekly
travel
Vacation cabin purchase in 18 months
1 owned rental home in 36 months
Get another dingbat labrador
No mortgage debt in 5 years
No need to touch investments
Live well below income provided by pensions and continue investing at 60/40
Pass ROTH accounts to our kids
To beat Bobby Flay in a kitchen showdown with my smoked rib roast

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars,

Jeff

berkel

• Apprentice
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2019, 05:21:12 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you for the add!  My wife and I live in the suburb of MA, closer to Providence, with our 2 kids (15 yo girl and a 9 yo boy).  We are 46 years old and met Freshman year in college at UVM almost 30 years ago (!!).

We both work in IT and have done a decent job in terms of retirement planning and having an emergency fund.  I've always been interested in stocks and bonds, and I'm trying to diversify into other passive income and non tax-sheltered investments so we can retire "early".

For the past couple of years we've been building a brokerage account focusing on tax advantaged funds stocks with qualified dividends.  I also started dabbling in real-estate crowd funding with RealtyShares, which has been a mixed bag as many of you know.  I still think this platform is a better fit for us rather than owning a "physical" property, so I will go back to this blog after I finish posting.   :)

Looking forward to learning and being inspired by all of you.

Deanna - Ms. Fiology

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2019, 09:20:07 AM »
Hey everyone! I am sorry I never introduced myself when I joined this past winter. I am a middle-aged single woman who got sober from drug addiction in 2010 and dug my way out of debt in 2017. Now I'm learning to be a DIY investor while helping other recovering women.

I rebranded from Ms. Fiology to Recovering Women Wealth recently and am trying to change my display name. I've followed the directions in the help archives and went to profile -->account settings but I have no option to change my display name. Does anyone know how to do this? Or should I just delete my account and open a new one?

Thanks!!

EC

• Apprentice
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »
Hello

I've been reading your email newsletter for several years and appreciate the helpful financial information and advice.  Although I am new and cautious about forums I thought this group would be an excellent one to join. 

My primary financial focus is being smart with finances to achieve life goals with financial independence being an effective foundation to reach those goals. I am a chemical engineer living in the Midwest.  My son is a med school student living several hours away.  My husband and I enjoy our simple low cost lifestyle on an organic 4th generation family farmstead. I like sharing my financial samurai learning with my family. Hopefully I can add value in your forums with my questions and insights too. Thank you for organizing this forum!

Best
EC

sitihanter2

• Apprentice
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
nice to be here