News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Real Estate Crowdfunding / 1031 Exchange when investment ...
Last post by oilybear - November 09, 2020, 08:40:39 PM
I have only ever invested in individual single family homes, yet interested in learning more about Crowdfunding investments.   When I sell an individual house, I need to do a 1031 exchange into a like-kind property to avoid the capital gains.   Is a 1031 possible or needed when a Crowdfunded investment sells?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Real Estate Crowdfunding / Re: Thoughts On RealtyShares C...
Last post by twinvestigations - November 09, 2020, 06:58:15 PM
Edited for privacy!
Real Estate Crowdfunding / Re: Thoughts On RealtyShares C...
Last post by Chicago81 - November 09, 2020, 11:57:30 AM
I am not sure if FG investors should have filed a "proof of claim" in the Realtyshares bankruptcy, but it looks like the deadline to submit claims may have passed.  In any event, if investors believe their money was stolen, as FG admits it was during their presentation, then they should consider requesting that the bankruptcy judge and/or U.S. Trustee (the government representative in the bankruptcy case) consider making a referral for a criminal investigation.  Basically, the bankruptcy judge and U.S. Trustee may not know that our investments were not (in many of our opinions) a simple real estate investment gone bad, or even a matter of misrepresenting the risks involved.  The borrower admits our money was actually stolen. The only question is who stole it.  If someone provides the slide deck where FG stated the money (i.e., the funds for numerous independent FG investments) was "stolen," I think the bankruptcy judge would take that seriously.

Also note that the plaintiff's attorneys who filed a lawsuit or two may not have our interest in mind.  They are incentivized to settle for their own clients and to exclude everyone else to avoid sharing any proceeds.

Just my opinion.
Stocks And Index Funds / Re: How US Presidential Electi...
Last post by SteveGood - November 08, 2020, 11:27:29 PM
The democratic party wins the presidential election in the USA. We expected lots of change in the world from trading, investment, and the economy. I think everything goes up in the future.
Stocks And Index Funds / Re: How US Presidential Electi...
Last post by Kendall - November 07, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
The uncertainty which surrounds the outcome of an election, for either candidate, increases volatility and the desire to sell and lock in gains. The outcome of the 2020 election appears to have Joe Biden winning the presidency and the Senate holding a Republican majority which indicates there will be gridlock Washington for at least the next two years. The S&P500 has increased 200 points since its close on November 2 and is climbing.  Gridlock preserves the status quo, and the markets like that.
Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
_______
for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.

( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).

if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )

same you have to follow real authority. "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it," Then there is no difficulty. And You are accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa, and You are speaking Yourself, and later on, all the acaryas have accepted. Then I'll follow.
I'll have to follow great personalities. The same reason mother says, this gentleman is my father. That's all. Finish business. Where is the necessity of making research? All authorities accept Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You accept it; then your searching after God is finished.

Why should you waste your time?
_______
all that is you need is to hear from authority ( same like mother ). and i heard this truth from authority " Srila Prabhupada " he is my spiritual master.
im not talking these all things from my own.

in this world no `1 can be Peace full. this is all along Fact.

cuz we all are suffering in this world 4 Problems which are Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth.

tell me are you really happy ?? you can,t be happy if you will ignore these 4 main problem. then still you will be Forced by Nature.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit s.ex, No g.ambling, No d.rugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
If your not able to follow these 4 things no illicit s.ex, no g.ambling, no d.rugs, no meat-eating then don,t worry but chanting of this holy name ( Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra ) is very-very and very important.

Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare " and be happy.

if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see effect. i promise you it works And chanting at least 16 rounds ( each round of 108 beads ) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily.
Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.
every `1 is already Blind in this world and if you will follow another Blind then you both will fall in hole. so try to follow that person who have Spiritual Eyes who can Guide you on Actual Right Path. ( my Authority & Guide is my Spiritual Master " Srila Prabhupada " )
read it complete. ( i promise only readers of this book that they { he/she } will get every single answer which they want to know about why im in this material world, who im, what will happen after this life, what is best thing which will make Human Life Perfect, and what is perfection of Human Life. ) purpose of human life is not to live like animal cuz every`1 at present time doing 4 thing which are sleeping, eating, s.ex & fear. purpose of human life is to become freed from Birth after birth, Old Age, Disease, and Death.
What is the book value of the common share?
Book value per common share (or simply book value per share - BVPS) is a method of calculating the book value per share of a company based on the equity of the common shareholders in the company. A company's book value is the difference between that company's total assets and total liabilities, not its market share price.

https://www.freeforex-signals.com/
In the event of the dissolution of the company, the book value of each ordinary share indicates the remaining dollar value of the ordinary shareholders after all assets are liquidated and all debtors are paid.

free forex signals
Understand the book value

The equation for the book value of a common share is:
Book value per ordinary share (formula below) is an accounting measure based on historical transactions:

What does BVPS tell you?   
The book value of ordinary shares in the numerator reflects the original returns that the company receives from the issuance of ordinary shares, which are increased by profits or decreased due to losses, and decreased by dividends paid. Company share buybacks reduce the book value and the total number of common shares. Stock buybacks occur at current stock prices, which can lead to a significant reduction in the company's book value per common stock. The number of common shares used in the denominator is usually the average number of diluted ordinary shares of the past year, which takes into account any additional shares other than the number of underlying shares that could arise from stock options, guarantees, preferred shares, and other convertible instruments.
forex trading signals free
Example of BVPS
As a hypothetical example, suppose XYZ Manufacturing's common stock balance is $ 10 million, and one million shares of common stock outstanding, which means that BVPS is ($ 10 million / 1 million shares), or $ 10 per share. If XYZ manages to generate higher profits and uses those profits to buy more assets or reduce liabilities, the company's common stock increases. For example, if a company makes a profit of $ 500,000 and uses $ 200,000 of the profits to purchase the assets, the common stock increases along with the BVPS. On the other hand, if XYZ uses $ 300,000 in dividends to reduce liabilities, the common stock also increases.

The difference between the market value of the share and the book value of the share
The market value per share is the company's current share price, and it reflects the value that market participants are willing to pay for their regular share. Book value per share is calculated using historical costs, but market value per share is a forward-looking measure that takes into account the firm's future earnings strength. With increases in the company's estimated profitability, projected growth, and soundness of its business, the market value per share grows higher. Material differences arise between the book value per share and the market value per share due to the ways in which accounting principles classify certain transactions.

For example, consider a company's brand value, which was created through a series of marketing campaigns. US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) require marketing costs to be spent promptly, which reduces the book value per share.1 However, if the advertising efforts enhance the company's product image, the company can charge premium rates and create brand value. Market demand may lead to an increase in the share price, which creates a large discrepancy between the market and the book values per share.
free forex signals
The difference between book value of common stock and net asset value (NAV)
Whereas, BVPS considers the residual equity per share of the company's shares, net asset value, or NAV, to be the value per share computed for a mutual fund, exchange-traded fund, or ETF. For any of these investments, the net asset value is calculated by dividing the total value of all fund securities by the total number of fund shares outstanding. NAV is created daily for mutual funds. A number of analysts consider total annual return to be a better and more accurate measure of mutual fund performance, but net asset value is still used as an easy-to-use interim valuation tool.
free forex trading signals

BVPS limits
Because the book value per share only takes into account book value, it fails to incorporate other intangible factors that may increase the market value of the company's shares, even upon liquidation. For example, high-tech banks or software companies often have very little tangible assets in relation to their intellectual property and human capital (workforce). These intangible assets will not always be taken into account in the book value calculation.

Let's talk about one of our largest expenses as a human, food. The average American spends $7.56 per day on food. Assuming my audience is composed of average Americans (if not average, then I assume even more frugal), my question is as follows: how the heck are you guys only spending $7.56 per day on food?
   I am a pretty broke college student aiming to spend as little excess money as possible. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I have one goal in mind, the most protein per dollar. I shop at Walmart rather than Whole Foods and I always buy the store brand rather than the name brand. My shopping list consists of the following: chicken breasts, ground turkey, pasta, hot dogs (89 cents for 8), eggs, milk, ham, canned vegetables, peanut butter, beans, and canned tuna. While I definitely eat more than the average human, I only eat two full meals a day (lunch and dinner), almost never go out to eat, and still find myself spending over $7.56 a day on food.
   Assuming that the average human consumes a more diverse and organic diet than me, why am I still spending so much on food? Is it that I consume more than the average person, that I am based out of Honolulu, or am I missing some secret shopping advice that everyone else knows.

Please provide any food shopping advice that you may have below. Thanks!
College is not cheap. Even after tuition payments, student loans, room and board and a meal plan, there are still many expenses for college students which add up over time. As a college student, despite prepaying for all of those expenses, I still always found myself spending significantly more than I budgeted for (unexpected take-out, various media subscriptions, deceivingly expensive textbook, alcohol etc.). By the end of all these expenses, I found myself virtually broke, with no money to spend on things I truly wanted at the time.
   While the easiest way to save more is to limit some of the impulsive spending I mentioned, I understand first hand as a college student that cutting impulse spending is extremely difficult. Oftentimes, when I try to actively cut out impulse purchases, I find myself giving in to a Doordash order (or equivalent) 3-4 days later. Simply put, impulse spending is something we enjoy as college students and makes us happy. Therefore, instead of trying to tell you to stop buying what you like, below are a few tips that will help you save money without cutting out the things you enjoy.

1. Buy used books and resell: Never buy brand new textbooks and never rent textbooks. Instead, buy the cheapest decent quality used textbook, keep it in good condition, and resell it once your semester ends. There are many textbook resell websites anyone can post on  (I cannot hyperlink on this page, but simply google "textbook resell websites"), or you can just resell the book to a college friend.  If you do your research, you can often make money through textbook arbitrage (reselling the textbook for more than you pay for it).

2. Get a time flexible job (Doordash/Uber): Between class, studying, and extracurriculars, it can often be very difficult to find consistent time to work during school. However, for those who do have the occasional free time, working a time flexible job like Doordash or Uber is a great way to earn a couple of bucks quick. For Doordash (or an equivalent), you do not even need a car. Just bring your old bike from home up to school (or buy a used bike for cheap) and start delivering. Colleges have some of the highest demand for food delivery, so there will be no shortage of work and it can also double as a great workout.

3. Prepay your subscriptions for a discount: Whether it is your Netflix and Xfinity accounts, or even your online class subscription, find a way to prepay your subscription annually for an additional discount. Most companies will give a significant discount (30%+) if you commit to prepay for 1 or 2 years. If your desired subscription does not have a prepay option, there are third party platforms available that will prepay annually for you (and you will receive the same discount).
4. Passively Invest: You do not need to be Warren Buffet or Ray Dalio to succeed in the market. Infact, you do not even need to know a thing about the markets, just invest in the market as a whole. Since the 1920s, the S&P has averaged an annualized return of 10%. Compare this to your savings account which grows 1-2% or less a year, and the answer is obvious. Simply open a commission free brokerage account (like Robinhood), invest in an S&P index fund (or equivalent), and increase your savings significantly.

Comment below and tips you have for saving in college.
Stocks And Index Funds / How US Presidential Election I...
Last post by SteveGood - November 02, 2020, 04:22:35 AM
Hi,

Just a few days more for the US presidential election. How can it impact the Share Market?. If Donald Trump wins the election what happens in the Share Market?
If Joe Biden wins the presidential election what happens in the share market?. How to it affect the investors in the share market and world trading?