News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

One of the best side hustle pieces of advice I've ever seen

Started by Sam, September 16, 2018, 10:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

"Job you love? GOOD. Supplement it with a side business.

Job you hate? GOOD. Pays bills while you start a business.

No job? GOOD. More time to start a business!"
Regards,

Sam

svytraveler

I have yet to test it out, but your advice on starting a website might be it for me.  (Recently I experienced the power of the internet referral thru posting my Personal Capital (PC) "Fall Promo Offer" link for $100 amazon GC on a personal finance site that allows such postings.  In the end, I believe I will be $3k in Amazon GCs richer and possibly have a few months of waived fees from PC.  My PC advisor called me the next day to say that he had never had a client generate that many referrals and asked if I had posted my referral on facebook.  He thinks I am some sort of social media influencer.  Little does he know I recently deleted my facebook account.]

I think I may follow your advice, though likely not a personal finance site, but a digital privacy blog/site that would somewhat ironically provide advice on how to regain and maintain your digital privacy.  However, it would likely be difficult to monetize.  What do you think of the concept and potential for creating an online income stream.  Another theme I am considering is a foreign travel advice website....

Clint

@svytraveler: I think that a blog/site dedicated to maintaining digital privacy would be great!  We are in this amazing age where everyone has access to a ton of information and we rarely think about our own personal privacy... ie. 10% off for my email > sure!!!

I think it would be great if you started a site like that and I'm sure many people would benefit from it!

DarlynVMD

Quote from: Sam on September 16, 2018, 10:04:02 AM
"Job you love? GOOD. Supplement it with a side business.

Job you hate? GOOD. Pays bills while you start a business.

No job? GOOD. More time to start a business!"

Best advice ever!

canarygirl

svytraveler -

I, too, would read a blog / website with advice on maintaining digital privacy.

You might monetize it by providing links to helpful products and services and getting paid affiliate marketing fees.  (Similar to items linked to Amazon products.)

VPN service, program or app that encrypts emails before I send them, books, etc.

Good luck and let us know the URL!

thlayli

Quote from: canarygirl on November 02, 2018, 10:56:36 AM
svytraveler -

I, too, would read a blog / website with advice on maintaining digital privacy.

You might monetize it by providing links to helpful products and services and getting paid affiliate marketing fees.  (Similar to items linked to Amazon products.)

VPN service, program or app that encrypts emails before I send them, books, etc.

Good luck and let us know the URL!

Agree. There are a lot of opportunities for partnering with other sites, apps, and services and getting a good flow of income coming in from helping folks maintain their privacy and safety online. Sort of a win-win for all. I say go for it.