News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Is this a Bear Market?

Started by bobderek, October 29, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobderek

Is this a bear market?

If so, how bad?

If not, what is it?

Rdizzle

I wish we could know that. The ability to predict or in most cases pretend to predict makes some people a lot of money.

Scratch2002

Could be but I doubt it.  Bear markets usually coincide with recessions, which I do not see on the horizon, at least in the near term.  I continue to selectively add to my equity exposure. 

Sam

losing 10% does feel pretty bad doesn't it? Technically, we have had a correction. If we go down another 10%, for a 20% total decline, we are now in a bear market.

The X factor is once again housing. It is slowing, and in straits continue to wrap higher, then I can see the entire economy slowing down or going into reverse.. I'll work on a new post for this week about Bear market preparation.
Regards,

Sam

Orphan

Quote from: Sam on October 29, 2018, 07:54:43 PM
losing 10% does feel pretty bad doesn't it? Technically, we have had a correction. If we go down another 10%, for a 20% total decline, we are now in a bear market.

The X factor is once again housing. It is slowing, and in straits continue to wrap higher, then I can see the entire economy slowing down or going into reverse.. I'll work on a new post for this week about Bear market preparation.

Sam,
What kind of changes are you seeing in the Bay Area ?

Sam

Quote from: Orphan on October 30, 2018, 04:32:21 AM
Quote from: Sam on October 29, 2018, 07:54:43 PM

Sam,
What kind of changes are you seeing in the Bay Area ?

Even the frenzy zone $1.5M price range for houses here in the Bay Area has slowed, according to three realtors I spoke to. Now that is concerning.....

Prices are definitely softening here.

Hey, when your company stock just experienced a 20%+ correction from the high (netflix, FB, etc), you tend to lose enthusiasm.
Regards,

Sam