News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Supply of Investments with RealtyShares

Started by Rman82, September 10, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rman82

Does anyone know if consumer demand has exceeded supply with RealtyShares?  In the past there were always many investments but nothing of late.

Kalliste

Agree, I was also surprised. No inventory for past few weeks. In some ways it shows they are doing quite a bit of due diligence, which is good. However, might be the sign of a start of an overpriced commercial/multifamily real estate market? that would not be good.

Sam

Quote from: Rman82 on September 10, 2018, 12:54:00 PM
Does anyone know if consumer demand has exceeded supply with RealtyShares?  In the past there were always many investments but nothing of late.

Yes, demand is outpacing supply at the moment. I asked them, and they said supply is generally cyclically lower in the summer too. But they are announcing some new deals in the pipeline soon.

One of my frustrations from two years ago investing with RS was that all the deals, at least the good looking ones, were filled up before I could even join. Hence, I decided to invest in their Domestic Equity Fund that picked the best deals on their platform and got first dibs. I think they are launching a second fund, which I will probably participate in.
Regards,

Sam

Rman82

Sam,

Thanks for the response.  You are like a celebrity and I'm sure all the others in the forum appreciate your efforts.  I've enjoyed your writings and modified some of my investment strategies partly based on your influences.  I know you are loyal to RS, but have you investigated CrowdStreet?  The platform is quite different, but the range of investments still seems strong.

Rman

sivaraju.pramod@gmail.com

Any thoughts about the student housing deal from RS ? Supposed to be recession proof. But this is in NY state, which is already at the peak, I suppose.

rtysmith

All RE platforms are running thin on deals, especially for retail investors. Institutional investors are scooping up huge amounts of loans and its just lower cost/more profitable for many of the platforms to focus on institutional investors (this is what happened to Prosper and Lending Club, its now migrating). Why would they try and manage 100 small investors vs 1 large one? It's an ongoing issue.

Peer street, Lending Home, Realty Shares are all facing the same issue.

I've started to move some $ to alphaflow.com, which is an aggregator and even with fees is outpacing my ability to find good paying deals and put $ to work.