News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Should I buy a house on a visa?

Started by jsad, July 16, 2019, 01:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsad

I've been a recent patron of your website and really enjoy the content and your general tone while dispensing advice and encouraging discussion.

Had a question- Since I am on a work visa and it may be 5 years before I get my green card , should I still go ahead and buy a house. I'm married with 2 kids (both under 3).

Also property prices in Arizona area do seem rather inflated at this point.

Disclaimer – I have applied for my green card in 2009 and have been renting since. I do have some savings($325K+) , but with the uncertainty of being on a visa and the market being as it is right now have made me think a little more before buying.

What would be your advice to me?

Thanks for your response,

SteveGood

Quote from: jsad on July 16, 2019, 01:29:07 PM
I've been a recent patron of your website and really enjoy the content and your general tone while dispensing advice and encouraging discussion.

Had a question- Since I am on a work visa and it may be 5 years before I get my green card , should I still go ahead and buy a house. I'm married with 2 kids (both under 3).

What would be your advice to me?

Thanks for your response,

My Suggestion is you can consult with your local advocate. Because he will guide you very well compare with any other persons.