News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Affiliate Partnerships vs Selling and Creating your own Product

Started by PandaAtlanta, December 18, 2020, 08:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandaAtlanta

Are any of you bloggers purely just affiliates to generate revenue on your website? Although the thought of creating your own digital product is very appealing, I think the risk/reward is very high. I mean what if you spend 3-4 years writing an ebook that you think has amazing niche content that no one wants to buy even a $1? What if you were hoping to sell this ebook for $100?

I think the odds of successfully selling a $100 ebook is like 1 out of 10,000. Please do correct me if I am wrong. Wouldn't it be a much better / lower risk blogging business model to be a 100% affiliate marketer around your niche content vs creating your own digital product? Would love to hear from the Blogging veterans who are actually making some decent coin from their blogs. For those of you Bloggers making more than $50k/year... what are the mistakes to avoid and lessons can you share with the newbie bloggers who want to get started?

Panda
Newbie dreaming of a Blogging Business