News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

New RealtyShares Fund NO LONGER Launching In November, 2018

Started by Sam, October 25, 2018, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Hi Folks,

Just had lunch with RealtyShares Chief Marketing Officer, and she gave me a heads up their second fund will launch in November. It's going to have a $25K minimum, and be an index like fund of all the RS deals. One K-1 too.

I think this will solve a lot of problems with folks not knowing exactly what or how to invest. I'm excited to learn more and will write a post about it in the near future.

Sam
Regards,

Sam

pradeep525

Hi Sam

I'm sure they are targeting non-accredited investors, returns will be around 7 to 8%.

I do not understand why SEC has this stringent requirements on syndicate investing.

I see great deals on Crowdstreet from 18 to 26%, being non-accredited it is very discouraging that I cannot participate in those deals.

Thanks
Pradeep

Cheezus

Is this a way to compete with Fundrise?

I'd be interested in the RealtyShares fund, and I'm curious if they'll be able to deliver similar returns as Fundrise in the 10% range.

Sam

I'm bummed  as this is obviously not happening anymore.  Everybody was caught by surprise when their funding was pulled last minute.  https://www.financialsamurai.com/forums/real-estate-crowdfunding/thoughts-on-realtyshares-closing-its-doors-to-new-investors/

I thing a fund is a great product offering because it's really hard to pick individual deals. Hence why i invested in the DME fund. Fundrise has the better model with their eREITS.
Regards,

Sam