News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

The After-Tax Investment Guide For FIRE Is Here!

Started by Sam, October 02, 2018, 06:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Howdy Folks,

I spent forever putting this after-tax investment guide for FIRE together. I ran the numbers for my guide at least 10 times, then I decided to create a more aggressive guide as well.

One of the problems with FIRE is FOMO. Because FIRE is so trendy now, many people are jumping on the band wagon and retiring early. But even in a bull market, I've noticed people bungle their FIRE plans because they underestimated the psychological aspect of having a steady paycheck and benefits.

If folks follow this guide, I'm pretty sure their FIRE journey will go much smoother.

https://www.financialsamurai.com/after-tax-investment-amounts-by-age-to-retire-early/
Regards,

Sam

TravelGirl

Good article Sam and good to see I'm still on track even after being retired!

Hayden

Such an interesting post. Do a lot of young retirees find it challenging to stay that way. Like you said in your post, after 3 years you will want to be productive again. Fro example, if someone retires at 40, that leaves 20 years of prime career years on the table. I just feel that might get boring or unfulfilling if they do not have something to turn to. Did you see any of this in your research, Sam?
Very Respectfully,
Hayden

Sam

Quote from: Hayden on October 02, 2018, 10:09:55 AM
Such an interesting post. Do a lot of young retirees find it challenging to stay that way. Like you said in your post, after 3 years you will want to be productive again. Fro example, if someone retires at 40, that leaves 20 years of prime career years on the table. I just feel that might get boring or unfulfilling if they do not have something to turn to. Did you see any of this in your research, Sam?

I don't know a single person who retired before age 45 who's not working on a passion project or doing something new in exciting where they can generate some side income.

In your early 40s, you basically have a wealth of knowledge, and you still have enough energy and desire to do a lot of new things. As a result, you end up going towards that path, and sometimes you can make a crap load of money as a result.
Regards,

Sam