News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Anybody have an electric vehicle?

Started by Sam, September 13, 2018, 11:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveGood

Quote from: Awooten on July 19, 2020, 11:20:54 AM
Almost zero maintenance and charging at home means I always have a "full tank."

Just plain fun to drive. My wife and I fight over who gets the electric car and who has to drive the gas car.

What do you think about electric bike. Do you have any ideas about this?

Kerplink

I'll be getting an e-bike this year but I haven't finished researching them and they keep getting better! I tend to research the death out of anything I buy or invest in.

We bought a Model 3 in 2018 and it was so much better than any gas car we've ever had we bought another one a few months later. 2 1/2 years later all they have needed is tires. Brakes are still like new and so glad to not have schedule oil and filter changes (or do it myself). I like doing my own work but it's even better to just delete it in the first place.

No service, no repairs, no gas stations, and they drive like cars from the future! I've had some pretty nice European gas cars but I could never go back to them again. Finally I can buy American and get a superior product!

Money Ronin

I'm not excited by most affordable E vehicles, but I am excited by the Mustang Mach-E.  It seems utilitarian enough for a family, and very sporty.  My hang up is this is the first production year.

Also, I can't justify the premium for an E vehicle since I no longer drive much working from home.  I'm saving the environment by not driving.  I've got a 2021 Corvette on order so I can have something pretty to look at in my garage.

Perhaps Financial Samurai will do an article on the cost benefit analysis of owning an E vehicle.