News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Do you have any knowledge of VA Hospital quality in SF, Palo Alto, Bay Area?

Started by Captain, April 27, 2019, 10:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Hi. My buddy is a vet in need of spinal fusion surgery through the VA and I'm trying to find out more about the VA hospitals in the Bay Area.

I think the Palo Alto VA hospital is where he'd have to go in the Bay Area based on a quick web search.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the quality of care at the Bay Area VA hospitals, especially for spinal surgeries. There are so many VA hospital horror stories about lack of care, responsiveness and even operating on the wrong part of the spine it's scary.  I'm trying to gather some feedback for him because we don't know where else to ask for honest opinions.

If you have any advice or personal knowledge, please share. Thanks

Sydney

From what I've heard, the SFVA hospital is staffed by UCSF doctors and the Palo Alto VA is staffed by Stanford doctors. Both reputable sources of doctors, so that's good news. I can't speak to the quality of the administration at the hospitals though. Best of luck to your friend! Surgery is no fun, but sometimes a necessary and well worthwhile hurdle.