News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Best Liquid ETF's to Park Cash

Started by Johnny, September 10, 2018, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

What do you think is the best place to park cash positions that are liquid. CD's are not liquid enough so I'm focusing on ETF's.

So far the one I like the most is FLRN (SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Investment Grade Floating Rate ETF).

Sam

Just park your cash in an online money market account. Rates are now at ~1.85% or higher. You can get your cash within several days. Very liquid, and a good rate versus just a couple years ago at 0.1%!

I've set up a CD Step Stool strategy. It insures I'll always be liquid while maximizing my cash.

See: https://www.financialsamurai.com/build-a-cd-step-stool-not-a-cd-ladder-flattening-yield-curve-environment/

Quote from: Johnny on September 10, 2018, 09:22:51 AM
What do you think is the best place to park cash positions that are liquid. CD's are not liquid enough so I'm focusing on ETF's.

So far the one I like the most is FLRN (SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Investment Grade Floating Rate ETF).
Regards,

Sam

EricNJ

Your broker should have a high yield MMA that gets you close to Sam's example of 1.85%

Marcus by GS is a new online bank a lot of people seem to like, their yield is around there

forumreader35

Capital One 360's MMA is also at 1.85% right now for balances of at least 10K

Sam

IEF, MUB, CMF, and sometimes TLT are my bond fund which I view as somewhat cash equivalents, but with principal risk.
Regards,

Sam

EricNJ

Quote from: Sam on September 11, 2018, 10:37:14 AM
IEF, MUB, CMF, and sometimes TLT are my bond fund which I view as somewhat cash equivalents, but with principal risk.

I'm in VTEB (Vanguard's version of MUB) but count towards my bond allocation only.

rtysmith

Ally bank (ally.com) is at 1.85 with no minimum (savings)

I had $ with Marcus, they are a bit of a pain, Ally has been much easier. Paying .6 on checking too if over 15k

pat

Does anyone used this credit union before offering 3.05% APY for 55 months
https://www.andrewsfcu.org/new-share-certificate-specials.html

gkc

I agree with Sam's bond etf's but would add some shorter maturities there too,SHY and SHV.