News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

New Financial Independence Calculator

Started by pmagis1, October 12, 2018, 05:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmagis1

Hi Everyone,

I created a website tool that calculates your time to financial independence based on your income, expense, and lifestyle choices.  The website URL is: socrates.finance

The calculator allows you to define whether you seek 'Semi-FIRE' or 'FIRE,' the difference being in the former part time income is considered in the cash flow necessary to cover living expenses. 

Another thing you will find valuable are future expenses that aren't currently a cash outflow.  For example, your employer covers 100% of your health insurance while you're employed or you expect to have a child in 5 years.  These are costs that factor into your ultimate cost of living and are considered in the time to FIRE calculation. 

I've also created a what-if analysis tool that allows you to see in real time the effect of potential future scenarios on your road to financial independence.

If you have any questions or feedback please email me at socrates.finance@gmail.com.

All the best on the road to FIRE.