News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

What are your favorite ETFs?

Started by AlexNY, August 19, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexNY

Do you have any go-to ETFs that you invest in regularly?

sfpf

I like SPY, DIA, QQQ. I haven't really branched out much more than that and would also like to hear what ETFs others like.

sfpf

Fun question. There are so many but the ones that come to my mind off the top of my head are CMF, IVV, DVY, IDV, IEF, HDV, and FTEC.

mikejscott7

Quote from: AlexNY on August 19, 2018, 11:14:19 AM
Do you have any go-to ETFs that you invest in regularly?

Vanguard products seem to be universally well received. I'm in the process of consolidating my ETF portfolio to a combination of VOO (S&P 500), VTI (Total Stock Market), VT (Total World Stock Market), and VWO (Emerging Markets). Nice to be able to move in (with nominal monthly amounts) and out of these without any commission fees when buying through Vanguard.

Any other Vanguard funds others like?

EricNJ

SPY
VTI
VNQ
VTEB
VXUS
BND
BNDX

Just started a position in MJ, purely speculative!

go1da

Today's Digital Platform is expanding and so are the capital gains in this sector. Having said that, I'm keeping my eye on the following ETFs;

First Trust Dow Jones Internet ETF - FDN
ETFMG Prime Cyber Security ETF (HACK)
Global X Social Media ETF (SOCL)
VanEck Vectors Semiconductor ETF (SMH)
Global X NASDAQ China Technology ETF (QQQC)
Technology Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLK)
Vanguard Information Technology ETF (VGT)
Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF (FTEC)
O'Shares Global Internet Giants ETF (OGIG)

FYI: OGIG is a fairly new ETF which will remain on my watchlist for a while. I have some concerns with its international exposure which could be quite volatile.
Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 11:14

gkc

I'm older so I've been favoring the income producer etf's lately. SHY,SHV,IEF,TLT, even tho I think rates will go up a bit more in the next couple months,and I've just put a tiny bit into some of the precious metals GLD and SLV as a tiny very speculative bottom fishing expedition.notice I said tiny there a couple times on purpose

ConstructionPM

I like to buy ETFs that follow the market as a whole. Vanguard has some good products that produce a small but welcome dividend. VTI (Total Stock Market) and VOO (S&P 500) are two ETFs I always own, no matter what the market is looking like.

Lately, I've been purchasing more VOOV (S&P 500 Value) and FAZ (Bear) to prepare for when the market turns from bull to bear. There's no way to accurately predict the timing of this but I want to be prepared. The idea is to lose as little money as possible (or even make money) during a bear market.

Kendall

I own:
SPY
AMZA
IJR

I short:
FAZ
TLT
VXX

Cheezus

VOO of course  :D

I believe VOO has a lower expense ratio than SPY, which would make it more attractive considering they are both S&P 500 funds.