News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Napali Capital

Started by Jbinjville, May 02, 2019, 07:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbinjville

Here is another option in the crowd funding that I have not seen in this Forum. I just found out about it last week but I really like what little I know about it. It was set up by an MD for MDs but others can invest also buy you have to be an accredited investor.  I would be interested if anybody knows anything about this group. I have a preliminary commitment of $100K on a property.

Sam

Quote from: Jbinjville on May 02, 2019, 07:40:56 AM
Here is another option in the crowd funding that I have not seen in this Forum. I just found out about it last week but I really like what little I know about it. It was set up by an MD for MDs but others can invest also buy you have to be an accredited investor.  I would be interested if anybody knows anything about this group. I have a preliminary commitment of $100K on a property.

How did you decide to commit $100K when it is little known about the platform? It doesn't even have a secure URL.
Regards,

Sam

Jbinjville

You have to reach out to them and then it's all one on one. They schedule a call with their managing partner to discuss how Napali Capital is structured and also the goals of the project and you have to share a little information. Of course they have to have a project going to invest in, they fill up pretty quickly with repeat investors. They send an email with a brief description of the project with some links that allow downloading of the details. They seem very well managed in my humble opinion. Also I have a good friend that invested last year and he has other friends that invested years ago so I have a chain of trusted references. Additionally I asked for and received a list of other references. I encourage you to give them a call, I'd be very interested in your thoughts. Also, they can accept funds from an IRA, they have a group that will convert to a self directed IRA.  I did not do that this time.  The project I invested in is projected to make $130K profit over 7 years on my $100K. They are having their 4th annual investor meeting next week in Texas which I'd love to attend but I'm in Southern Oregon so it is unlikely, but possible as I could invest more. Their stated goal is to created passive income for investors which is what I am looking for.

Jbinjville

Just an update. i've just bought into my 3rd apartment complex with Napali Capital. i'm in for $275K total. i'm very happy with this company, they are very good. I expect to get an overall return of about 14% APR or is that ROI over 6 or 7 years?  it's not quite as lucrative as i hope to get from stocks but it diversifies my portfolio. Napali is  very selective on the properties and when they announce that they have one, the shares go very fast so you have to be prepared to move. This last $100K of mine is from a self directed IRA, something new for me. I took some 401K money and transferred it to the self directed IRA, pretty cool because the 401K choices are limited to mutual funds, which really are  pretty good, but like i said, diversification.  For other investment ideas see my motley fool posts.