News:

To return to the forum homepage, please click the banner at the top of your browser.

Main Menu

Cell Phone plans

Started by ForgingFinance, July 14, 2019, 02:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForgingFinance

Curious if anyone out there has tried one of the smaller cellular providers.

I've looked at Mint, Republic, Ting, Cricket, Consumer, Google Fi to name a few.

Right now I'm looking hard at Google Fi because they seem to have the most seamless option for folks that travel internationally. 

I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years (way too long). From what I've read, heavy data users (over 4 or 5GB/month) may feel somewhat underserved by the smaller provider. I'm somewhere in the 4GB/month category. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

hoping2retire35

I used to use Republic now I am a Mint customer. It works fine. Never traveled internationally though, however as long as you have wifi in the airport/hotel or where ever you won't use that much; stay on their network.

I like Republic but I needed a new phone and someone gave me an old IPhone 6 so I went with Mint for compatibility.

Sam

Quote from: ForgingFinance on July 14, 2019, 02:37:36 PM
Curious if anyone out there has tried one of the smaller cellular providers.

I've looked at Mint, Republic, Ting, Cricket, Consumer, Google Fi to name a few.

Right now I'm looking hard at Google Fi because they seem to have the most seamless option for folks that travel internationally. 

I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years (way too long). From what I've read, heavy data users (over 4 or 5GB/month) may feel somewhat underserved by the smaller provider. I'm somewhere in the 4GB/month category. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

I pay full price for AT&T family plan. But I would go with Google Fi b/c they have endless money and will subsidize its consumers to win marketshare with their monopoly profits in search. You know Google ain't going anywhere!
Regards,

Sam

Jamie

I know a couple people who use Cricket and have been happy with it. I don't have any personal experience with those on your list though. I've only been with T-Mobile and ATT

chitown-2020

I use ting for my non-work phone.   Love the service.    It runs on one of the big provider's networks, so the coverage is exactly the same.   It performs very well on my iphone, the billing is simple, straightforward and cheap  -- and their customer service has been great when I've needed it.

SteveGood

Hi,

If your service provider offers family plans, you can choose it. Because it's better to adjust your monthly budget.