Author Topic: My friend bought a new Tesla model 3, I bought Tesla stock  (Read 7635 times)

Cheezus

• Chukanbushi (Intermediate Samurai)
Re: My friend bought a new Tesla model 3, I bought Tesla stock
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 07:31:08 AM »
With electric cars and plug-in hybrids becoming mainstream, how would Tesla keep a strong edge over other makers?

They won't.  Their cars just aren't that good.  I'll rephrase, they are pretty nice for RIGHT NOW.  But how many people would take a bubbly Tesla over a BMW, Mercedes, Audi for a similar price?  Tesla won't be able to outcompete on price and their quality control is notoriously bad, as well as parts and service.  How in the world are they going to outcompete major global automakers who will be putting out phenomenal (better) cars at similar or even better pricing?

I bet within 5 - 10 years, Tesla will sell or go out of business. There will be talk about how they changed the world, are moving in to more of a supply (battery) business, or something like that.  They are riding their wave right now being the best EV company and groundbreaking, but there is no way, not with these type of cars, that they are going to beat better manufacturers making much nicer luxury cars for similar pricing.

Young And The Invested

• Apprentice
Re: My friend bought a new Tesla model 3, I bought Tesla stock
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me to hear Tesla getting acquired by a major FAANG company or some other tech-focused company with capital to invest.  With considerable investment and focus on execution, Tesla could make the jump.  However, as things stand, I don't see it surviving in its current capacity.
https://youngandtheinvested.com/