If you love to dine out and go to great sporting events, shows, operas, plays, symphonies, movies, and more, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards credit card is the right rewards credit card for you.
Given my wife and I live in San Francisco, we go out at least three times a week and charge everything on our Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards credit card. San Francisco is perennially ranked as one of the top 3 foodie cities in America. Best to take advantage!
The Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card has one of the best cash back rewards programs today.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Back Rewards
Here are the reasons why we use the Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card every time we go out:
- Dining (3% cash back): includes purchases at restaurants, cafés, bars, lounges, fast-food chains and bakeries.
- Entertainment (3% cash back): includes tickets purchased for movies, plays, concerts, sporting events, tourist attractions, theme parks, aquariums, zoos, dance clubs, pool halls or bowling alleys. It also includes purchases at record stores and video rental locations. However, you won’t get the bonus rate on cable, digital streaming and subscription services.
- Groceries (2% cash back): includes purchases at grocery stores, dairy product stores and specialty markets. Purchases at superstores like Walmart and Target, however, will earn 1% cash back — even if it’s for groceries.
Great Introductory Early Spend Bonus
One you successfully apply for the card, you can earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first three months of opening your card. That’s a whopping 40% cash back!
It’s Easy To Redeem Your Rewards
Unlike some other credit cards, your rewards don’t expire so long as your Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card account remains open. Therefore, you never need to stress about forgetting to use your rewards points. You can use them whenever it’s convenient for you.
In addition, you can redeem cash back in any dollar amount as statement credits; checks; or as gift cards for restaurants, retailers and hotel chains. As a responsible credit card user, never carry a balance and always pay on time. Using your cash back as statement credit is the most responsible thing to do and it’s easy.
If you don’t use your cash back for statement credits, then your rewards might sometimes go farther if you redeem cash back for other items and gift cards. You just have to be on the lookout for other opportunities.
Other Features Of The Capital One SavorOne Cash Back Credit Card
- Earn unlimited cash back rewards that won’t expire as long as your account is active.
- Rewards are simple and automatic. There aren’t any rotating categories or sign-ups to worry about.
- No annual fee
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees when you travel.
- As a cardmember, you get access to premium experiences in entertainment, dining, and even more.
- Enjoy 0% APR for the first 15 months
- Complimentary concierge service 24/7
- 24-hour travel assistance, travel accident insurance, and more
Who Is The Capital One SavorOne Credit Card Good For?
- If you are a foodie who loves to spend money on entertainment
- You want to try all the restaurants on the latest Zagat’s Top 10 lists
- Those who are college educated with a stable job.
- Each year you earn at least $40,000 a year and save at least 10% of your income.
- You live in a vibrant city with a wonderful amount of entertainment.
- Those who live in a diverse city with great culture, art, and events.
- Capital One’s exclusive cardholder experiences excite you, which include ticket pre-sales, parties, and more.
- You are responsible with your spending and always pay your bills on time.
Always take advantage of credit cards to boost your lifestyle, earn rewards points, and protect yourself from bad purchases.
After reviewing dozens of today’s top credit cards, The Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card is truly one of the best.
Pay off Your Debt Faster
If you don’t have enough cash, getting a personal loan from Credible is a good place to start.
Personal loan rates have come down significantly in comparison to the average credit card interest rate. Thus, if you have expensive credit card debt, consider consolidating your debt into a lower interest-rate personal loan.
Credible has the most comprehensive marketplace for personal loans. Up to 11 lenders compete for your business to get you the best rate. Get real personal loan quotes in just two minutes after you fill out an application. Check out Credible today and see how much you could save.
For further suggestions on saving money and growing wealth, check out my Top Financial Products page.
In addition, if you enjoyed this article and want to get more personal finance insights and tips, please sign up for the free Financial Samurai newsletter. You’ll get access to exclusive content only available to subscribers.
About the Author: Sam worked in investment banking for 13 years at GS and CS. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from The College of William & Mary and got his MBA from UC Berkeley. In 2012, Sam was able to retire at the age of 34 largely due to his investments that now generate roughly $250,000 a year in passive income. He spends most of his time playing tennis and taking care of his family. Financial Samurai was started in 2009 and is one of the most trusted personal finance sites on the web with over 1.5 million pageviews a month.