Welcome! To register with the Financial Samurai Forums, you certify that you are 18 years of age or older and agree to abide by the Financial Samurai Forums Terms of Service below.
There are three main sections to the terms of service. Please read through each section carefully.
The Financial Samurai Forums Terms Of Service
I. Your Registration and User Account
Part I of the Financial Samurai Forums Terms of Service is about Your Registration and User Account.
- Use of your account is expressly limited to you. Your account may not be transferred or shared with any other party, temporarily or permanently.
- FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums access is limited to persons age 18 years of age and older.
- You agree to bear sole responsibility for all use of your account and for the confidentiality of your password. To protect your privacy, FinancialSamurai.com may suspend access or change access to your account immediately upon discovery that your account has been accessed by another person, or upon notification by you that your password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
- You agree to provide an accurate email address. FinancialSamurai.com may, at its sole discretion, suspend any account that is found to contain an invalid email address.
- Usernames must be inoffensive, in accordance with all other forum policies, and not misleading. Examples of usernames that do not meet these requirements would be any that include profanities, rude/sexist/racist comments, the names of real people other than yourself, political or religious expressions, and recognizable trademarked names. Please do not sign up for more than one account (username).
- We highly recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
- After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
FinancialSamurai.com may need to communicate with each member from time to time. As a condition of service, all active members of FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums are required to receive routine and important “member service” announcements, via email, from FinancialSamurai.com. Member service email from FinancialSamurai.com may not be considered “spam” or blocked or blacklisted on any Internet blacklist service.
If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your ID, password), you must promptly change your password and notify us of any problems by giving notice via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Rules of Online Behavior
Part II of the Financial Samurai Forums Terms of Service is about Rules of Online Behavior.
We expect this forum to be a place where people can feel comfortable asking questions and where debates and discussions are conducted in civil, respectful tones. Attacks on individuals, insults, name calling, trolling, baiting or other attempts to sow dissension are not acceptable.
We also require that you be considerate of our readers and forum participants and use meaningful titles on new topics; avoid posting in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or otherwise using distracting formatting; avoid profanities, obscenities, lewd and otherwise offensive words and remarks, and refrain from posting naked links – all links should include an explanation or excerpt unless its meaning is clear from the context.
In addition, by participating in any service of FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums, you agree not to:
- spam, troll, advertise, solicit business or website traffic,
- link to or attach files to messages or posts that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of another’s computer or mobile device,
- participate in such a way as to undermine the operation of FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums, the FinancialSamurai.com blog or other Financial Samurai services,
- use the FinancialSamurai.com Forums to harass others,
- use the FinancialSamurai.com Forums to disseminate any inappropriate, defamatory, libelous, threatening, infringing, obscene, false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person’s privacy, adult material, or otherwise unlawful material or information in violation of any International or United States Federal law,
- reveal personally identifiable information about another member, including but not limited to real name, address, and phone number, without that member’s specific permission,
- violate any copyright law, or other intellectual property law,
- violate any criminal statute,
- engage in computer activity commonly known as a Denial of Service attack,
- promote the violation of this agreement.
Any attempt to manipulate forum rankings by artificially inflating counts of visitors, message views, postings or other items used in determining the forum’s standing will be considered a violation of this agreement, and subject to any and all punitive actions specified herein for such violations, including removal of posts, forum topics and termination of your account.
FinancialSamurai.com disclaims all liability for messages appearing on forums topics, message boards, Web pages hosted by FinancialSamurai.com, blog entries and comments, and other materials created by FinancialSamurai.com Forums users. FinancialSamurai.com has no responsibility for such content and is merely providing access to such content as a service to you.
Use of distribution lists in electronic mail or other mass electronic mailings is subject to the approval of FinancialSamurai.com. Any unauthorized use of distribution lists is strictly prohibited, and may be discontinued at the sole discretion of FinancialSamurai.com.
By participating in FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums, you agree not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Topics, message boards, Web pages, blogs, and other services provided by FinancialSamurai.com’s Forums may not be used for unauthorized commercial purposes, including participation in any affiliate program. If, in the sole discretion of FinancialSamurai.com, you are found to be using the FinancialSamurai.com Forums for any inappropriate commercial purpose, FinancialSamurai.com reserves the right to take action to end said activity.
FinancialSamurai.com may terminate your account if it believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated any of the terms of this agreement, or that you have engaged in any behavior that FinancialSamurai.com believes, in its sole discretion, is harmful to the operation of FinancialSamurai.com and the FinancialSamurai.com Forums.
FinancialSamurai.com does not screen, edit or confirm the validity of all posts in the FinancialSamurai.com Forums, and as such, is not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of FinancialSamurai.com Forums, our staff, admin, or the site owner.
However, FinancialSamurai.com reserves the right to monitor said content and to remove any objectionable material at any time, in our sole discretion. By viewing and/or participating in the FinancialSamurai.com Forums, you acknowledge that you may encounter material that you find offensive. FinancialSamurai.com disclaims any responsibility for said material.
Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. We reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries.
Part III of the Financial Samurai Forums Terms of Service is about Privacy.
Personal Information – You do not have to disclose any personal information in order to view this site. However, if you wish to register for the forum, you will be required to provide a valid e-mail address. We will only use your e-mail to respond to your requests (including automated e-mails when you request to follow threads), or for administrative tasks.
Log File Information – When you browse our site our web server automatically collects basic information provided by your web browser including pages requested, internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, referring and exit pages and search query (if referred by a search engine). The raw data is stored in text files on the server known as log files. The log files are only available to the system administrators and are only used for administrative tasks, such as performance tuning or fixing bugs.
IP Address Information in Forum Posts – Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. Forum Moderators and Site Administrators may view the IP address from which a suspect post was made to help determine if a poster is a likely spammer or is violating forum policies.
Release of Information
We will not sell your information to anyone. We will not release any of your information to third parties except as noted under Your Information or in the following circumstances:
1. In response to a valid court order or other compulsory request from law enforcement.
2. With the written permission of the affected user.
3. Where a banned user returns to the forum and continues to violate forum policies, after a final warning to the registered e-mail address, data may be released to anyone who can help stop the ex-member from harrassing us, including, but not limited to: Internet Service Providers, law enforcement officials, legal counsel, and employers.
4. Where it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of the FinancialSamurai.com site, its users or the public.
Browsing and participating in the FinancialSamurai.com Forums may cause the forum software to create one or more cookies, which are small text files containing bits of information (such as your username and password) that are downloaded to your web browser’s temporary files. Cookies do not include personally identifiable information. The cookies are only used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
Thank you for reading through the Financial Samurai Forums Terms Of Service. We hope to see you join in our forum discussions today.