Like clockwork, every year the Polar Vortex hits the majority of America with a winter chill that makes people wonder what’s the point of living.
It boggles my mind that for roughly four months of the year, the Midwest and the East Coast are buried in snow and sub zero cold temperatures.
Life is already short enough. Why reduce your life a further 33% by living in the MidWest or East Coast?
The solution to escaping the Polar Vortex is to migrate to the West Coast or the South.
Given the West Coast has the largest job growth and more pleasant temperature than the south, let’s focus on West Coast Living at its finest!
Living On The West Coast Is The Best
If you want to escape the Polar Vortex, you should relocate to the West Coast. Specifically, move to wonderful cities such as Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, or Hawaii.
Life is so much better on the West Coast after I spent 10 years living on the East Coast and took many trips out to the MidWest for business. Here are the following reasons why the West Coast is the best.
* Fantastic weather. With blue skies and sunshine, we have wonderful beaches, healthier, and happier people. There’s a reason why movie stars and other celebrities work and live on the West Coast. Why do you think there are so many songs about “California Dreaming”?
* A chance to build your own business. Google, YouTube, Yahoo, eBay, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Amazon and many more innovative, life changing companies are all based on the West Coast. How many self-made 35-year old or younger mega-millionaires or billionaires can you name from the East Coast? Not many.
* Easy flights to Asia. Asia is where the growth is and not Europe. Travel to Asia is quicker, and doing business with Asia is therefore easier. When it’s 8am in China, it’s still only 5pm here on the West Coast. Communicating at 8pm EST is no fun, and therefore doesn’t happen as often.
* You’re basically always on vacation. Hawaii is just a quick and direct 4.5 hour flight away! Hawaii is seriously one of the top 5 greatest places on Earth to live, and anybody who tells you otherwise has never experienced the island. Besides Hawaii, there is Tahiti, Bora Bora, Samoa, and of course many wonderful vacation spots in Asia.
* Wonderful winter playground. Lake Tahoe and Whistler have 11,000 feet high mountain resorts whereas the East Coast has icy Killington in Vermont and the Catskills in New York. I’ve been to all four places, and I can tell you there really is NO comparison between West Coast and East Coast skiing/snowboarding. Can you imagine getting dumped on with no mountains to ski down? That’s like living on top of a hill with no view! There is no point.
* People are much more chill A large reason why many people are on the East Coast is because of a job opportunity or family. As a result, resentment builds for the region because they wouldn’t be there otherwise. This is a recipe for some very grumpy people. Meanwhile, a large reason why many people live out West is for a better lifestyle as well as job opportunities and family. Because people are living a better lifestyle, you have a much more pleasant social environment. A polar vortex does bad things to your mood.
* Fewer thieves and crooks. Do you think it’s a coincidence that some of the biggest crooks in America such as Bernie Madoff, Elliott Spitzer, Dennis Kozlowski (Tyco), and countless dirty politicians are all based on the East Coast? Of course not. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out why.
* Healthier people overall. Because the lifestyle is much better on the West Coast, there are much happier and healthier people in places like California. The healthier you are, the less you have to pay for health insurance and crucial life insurance if you have dependents. Take a look at the latest term life insurance policy rates with PolicyGenius. They make comparing term life insurance policies across all the major carriers easy. Given policy prices are regulated, you’re guaranteed to get the best rates possible.
* Cheaper to maintain a house. There’s no such thing as freezing pipes bursting on the West Coast. There isn’t snow, hail, and rain storms crushing the integrity of your house. As a result, maintenance and home insurance costs are much lower.
* Reasonable power bills during the winter and summer. There’s never a need to use air conditioning to cool or heat yourself in many places on the West Coast given the moderate temperatures. Opening a window is all you need during the summer to get that draft going. Adjusting thermostats is a foreign concept! There is much less to spend on home maintenance as well.
* Fewer car accidents. With better weather comes less accidents. Less accidents means lower auto insurance prices. Check with Allstate for a free auto insurance quote to see how much you can save. They are one of the most trusted insurance companies online.
* Positive views on environment change. People love the Earth out here. California was the first to ban smoking in public places, and the state is a pioneer in recycling and emissions standards. We are the home of organic cuisine (Chez Panesse Alice Waters), Tesla Motors (electric car company), as well as thousands of tree huggers! If you love the environment and want to help save the world, you’ll love the West Coast.
* Terrific pro sports. The Golden State Warriors won the 2015 NBA Championship, almost won the 2016 NBA Championship, won again in 2017 and again in 2018, baby! Meanwhile, the San Francisco Giants won three world series in five years. During the winter, I can play golf on Saturday in 70 degree weather, and drive 2.5-3 hours on Sunday to go snowboarding in 2 feet of powder. We’re truly blessed with amazing athletics.
* Beautiful sunsets If you live on the East Coast, you’ll never see the beautiful sunset into the ocean.
* A great amount of pride. If you live on the West Coast you won’t have to make sensationalist statements such as “Florida will be torn apart in the next Tornado”, “It’s so humid in Washington DC you can go swimming in your own sweat“, “You’ll die early because you’ll never want to go outside,” “Be careful about the next enemy siege,” and other ridiculous statements to make yourself feel better about yourself. You don’t have to disparage like some on the East Coast will do about West Coasters because you’re already living the dream.
Enjoy Life All year Around
It should be clear by now that if you want to escape the Polar Vortex and live a better life, you should live on the West Coast.
If you must have some part of the MidWest and East Coast, I suggest investing in MidWest real estate through real estate crowdfunding.
Take a look at Fundrise, the premier real estate crowdfunding platform today. You can live on the West Coast while earning much higher rental yields and paying much lower valuations for MidWest property.
Essentially, you get the best of both worlds without having to suffer through Polar Vortex winters.
Escape the polar vortex this winter and live in a nicer place with your one and only life!