Are you looking to buy Financial Samurai? Financial Samurai is one of the best personal finance sites on the internet today. Since its founding in 2009, Financial Samurai has published over 2,500 posts and pages on every personal finance topic imaginable.
With great story telling and rigorously fundamental analysis, no other personal finance site can match Financial Samurai’s expertise and entertainment.
The difference between Financial Samurai and other personal finance sites is that it is written by a veteran investment banker who spent 13 years working at Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse in New York City and San Francisco. Sam was an Executive Director and saw the ins and outs of Wall Street.
Due to Sam’s firsthand experience in the finance world, he’s able to write original articles about his experiences investing in the public and private markets since 1999.
With an MBA from UC Berkeley, an undergraduate degree from The College of William & Mary, Sam also has the education and credentials.
Why Financial Samurai Should Be Bought
* Premier brand. Financial Samurai is the premier personal finance brand today given the longevity and quality of content. Compared to other personal finance sites that post generic articles that can be easily replicated, Financial Samurai has unique articles that we in financial advice through story telling.
* Long history. With on average 3.2 posts a week since its founding in 2009, Financial Samurai has a long history of producing quality content. As a result, it has become one of the most well known personal finance sites on the web.
* Growing search traffic. While some sites experience high volatility from search traffic due to large changes in keyword rankings, Financial Samurai has consistently generated roughly 70% of its traffic from Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo since 2009. Because Financial Samurai has never tried to build backlinks artificially, Google has always rewarded Financial Samurai with top positions.
After generating 1 million pageviews a month in 2019, pageviews surged by 50% in 2019 to 1.5 million pageviews a month as Google rewarded Financial Samurai with more traffic due to its Expertise, Authority, And Trust.
* Located in San Francisco. By being in San Francisco, Financial Samurai is able to develop relationships with the majority of financial technology and major internet companies in the world.
* Impressive traffic. Financial Samurai generates roughly 1,500,000 pageviews a month organically. This shows the power of Financial Samurai’s brand and search engine traffic rankings. No marketing or advertising dollars are spent to sustain or grow traffic.
* Syndication partnerships. Financial Samurai has been syndicated by Yahoo, Yahoo Finance, Business Insider, CNBC, MSN.com, and more leading online media sites.
* 15 different revenue streams. With 15 different revenue streams, Financial Samurai has a defensive income profile with tremendous expertise in real estate, investing, and wealth management. Revenue opportunities include credit card and lending.
Financial Samurai Reader Demographics
If you are thinking to buy Financial Samurai, here’s a detailed look at the reader demographics.
* Geography: 84% of readers are based in the United States. 3.5% are from Canada. 2.3% are from the UK. 1.3% are from India. 1.2% are from Australia and 2.4% are from Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Kenya, and The Netherlands.
86% of readers hail from America. California, New York, Texas, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Georgia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Washington lead the way
* Readership sex: 54% male. 46% female.
* Method of reading: 48% desktop. 42% mobile. 10% tablet.
* Browser: Chrome 41%. Safari 35%. Internet Explorer 9%. Firefox 7.3%.
* Age: 76% of are between the aes of 26 – 45. 11% are under age 26. 13% are over 45.
* Annual Income: 33% of readers make between $100,000 – $200,000 a year. 18% of readers make over $200,000 a year, while 17% of you make between $75,000 – $100,000 a year. 3.3% of readers make over $500,000 a year, the level which I consider to be the definition of rich. 45% of readers make over $100,000 here.
* Value Of Primary Residence: 39% of readers said their apartment or house is worth between $250,000 – $500,000. 28% of readers said their apartment or house is worth between $500,000 – $1,000,000. And 9% of readers said their apartment or house is worth more than $1,000,000. Most homeowners have refinanced at least one over the past 10 years to take advantage of record low interest rates.
* Retirement Savings: About 19% of readers have saved over $1 million dollars for retirement, excluding the value of your primary residence. Another 18% of readers have saved between $500,000 – $1 million dollars. While 38% of readers have saved between $100,000 – $500,000.
* Social Class: 67% believe readers are considered in the Mass Affluent Class followed by 20% who believe are Middle Class.
* Education: 62% of readers went to public university while 29% of readers went to private school with grants or scholarships worth at least $4,000 a year. Roughly half of public university attendees got grants or scholarships worth at least $2,000 a year.
* Debt Levels: 52% of readers have $0 consumer debt outstanding. While 22% of readers have less than $10,000 in consumer debt outstanding. 36% of you have total debt outstanding (mortgages, credit cards, student loans, etc) of between $150,000 – $500,000. 15.5% of you have no debt of any kind.
* Net Worth: 35% of readers have a net worth of between $300,000 – $1 million. 23% of you have a net worth over $1 million. 80% meticulously track their net worth at least once every six months. Leveraging the internet to grow your net worth is a no-brainer.
* 401k/IRA Savings: 21% of readers have between $100,000 – $200,000 in your 401k or IRA. 25% of you have between $201,000 – $500,000. 17.5% have over $500,000.
* Ideal Income For Happiness: 14% say they need to make $101,000 – $150,000 a year to feel “very happy.” 22% say $151,000 – $250,000. While 52% of readers need to make over $250,000 a year to feel very happy.
* Savings Discipline: 15% of readers save between 11% – 20% of their after tax income each month. 18% save between 21% – 30%. 28% save between 31% – 50%. While 23% of readers save over 50% of their after tax savings.
* Career Risk: 53% of readers say you’d prefer the stability of a full-time job over the flexibility of being a contractor.
* Retirement Safety: Roughly 40% of readers have a significant pension that will cover a large part of your living expenses in retirement. While 13% of readers also have a pension, but nothing worth writing home about.
The Financial Samurai community is doing very well compared to the average American who has a $62,000 household income, a median retirement account of under $100,000, and a pitiful savings rate of under 5%.
Financial Samurai Is The Best Personal Finance Site
No other site has as much depth and breadth as Financial Samurai. By buying Financial Samurai, an online media company or financial technology company will instantly boost their authority and profile online.
Further, there is tremendous upside opportunity with Financial Samurai if there is an acquisition and proper team in place to grow the website. The acquirer can build more products under the Financial Samurai brand and easily create new lead generation pages.
To contact Sam about a partnership or acquisition, please e-mail sam AT financialsamurai DOT com.