Instead Of Twitter Love What About A Twitter War?
Twitter is a truly amazing platform. I’m impressed with how some can literally Twitter all day and not get tired. There is definitely an addictive element to Twitter which makes the program so alluring. There are a ton of announcements of self greatness which I am very fond of reading for some reason.
Twitter Love Examples:
* “I rock because I created an awesome commercial about my product!”
* “My stock picks are up huge and outperforming the markets!”
* “Check out my net worth, killing it up 10%!”
* “Take a look at my new Gravatar picture! What do you think? Ain’t I cute?”
* “Happy birthday to me! Come celebrate with me over on my site!”
* “Thanks!” -> What? “Sweet!” -> What? “Cool!” -> What?
Let’s be honest, we love talking about ourselves. We love consuming things until we barf. If this wasn’t the case, Twitter wouldn’t be the hit it is today. I wonder though, what would happen if we created a Twitter War where everything we wrote was disparaging and angry?
Twitter War Examples:
* “Shut the hell up already! Nobody cares about your stupid book! We got the last 32 tweets!”
* “If you are such a social media guru, why are you begging for money online?”
* “Instead of talking about how rich you are, why don’t you go choke on it instead?”
* “You look 10 years older and a little heavier. I almost didn’t even recognize you in your new gravatar picture!”
* “Listen dork, just ask her out already! It’s so obvious you have a crush on her since you insta-response every time she writes!”
* “No, I don’t want to follow you on the new Digg or Tip your damn post!”
* “Didn’t know there are full time jobs that pay you to tweet all day Oh wait, there aren’t. Get back to work!”
Do you think a Twitter War would generate a lot of followers and new ideas? I wonder what would happen. Hmmmm. Just do me a favor. Please tell @Financialsamura to SHUT THE HELL UP if I’m being too obnoxious on Twitter! That way, our War can begin!