If you love to travel, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is the right travel credit card for you.
As someone who has traveled to over 60 countries and who spent 13 years working in international equities at Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse, I appreciate fantastic travel and incredible travel benefits. I’ve also experienced first hand how important it is to have a reliable, rewards credit card when you travel.
Here’s a detailed review of our favorite travel rewards credit card. We’ve spent hours analyzing dozens of different cards and have come to the conclusion that the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is one of the best.
Reap The Rewards Of Venture
While I was working in investment banking, I regularly racked up over 100,000 airline miles a year. I used those airline miles to then pay for two round-trip tickets to Hawaii for my wife and I. It felt incredible to be able to travel for work and then travel for free on our annual vacations.
By 2015, both my wife and I decided to retire so we could travel to even more amazing places. Traveling is truly in our blood. I was born into a U.S diplomat family. We regularly moved to a new country every 2-4 years. Our goal is to visit 100 countries before we die.
To do so, we’ll be using the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card to rack up travel rewards points for a better flying experience and more free tickets.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Since starting Financial Samurai in 2009, I’ve partnered with Capital One on several occasions, including speaking at one of their events at their Capital One Cafe in downtown San Francisco. I have always been pleased with their product offerings and customer service.
Capital One is the best credit card company today because that is their speciality. They are a ~$40 billion company listed on the NASDAQ whose sole purpose is to create the best credit cards that fit your lifestyle.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card Features
- Earn a 100,000-mile bonus when you spend $20,000 within the first 12 months of membership. Or, earn 50,000 miles (equals $500 travel rewards) if you spend $3,000 on the card in the first 3 months.
- Enjoy 2X miles on every purchase you make, every day.
- Get a credit for up to $100 when you apply to Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- Flexibility: transfer your miles to over 10 leading travel loyalty programs
- Earn unlimited miles that won’t expire as long as your account is active.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Built-in coverage and purchase protections
Who Is The Capital One Venture Credit Card Good For?
- Someone who regularly travels for pleasure or work at least a couple times a year
- If you enjoy international travel and want travel protection benefits
- You are college grad with a stable job
- Someone who earns at least $40,000 a year
- You regularly contribute to your 401(k) and IRA to save for your retirement
- Some of the things you appreciate include diversity, culture, art, fine cuisine, and all sorts of events
- You appreciate Capital One’s exclusive cardholder experiences, which include ticket pre-sales, parties, and more.
- Each month you spend at least $200 on your credit card to justify the $95 annual fee.
- You’re responsible with your spending and always pay your bills on time.
Enjoy The Benefits Of The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Always take advantage of credit cards to boost your lifestyle, earn rewards points, and protect yourself from bad purchases.
Travel is often unpredictable with flight delays, random layovers, and sometimes last-minute flight cancellations. Having a great travel rewards credit card like the Capital One Venture Credit Card will make your travel experiences more memorable and enjoyable.
Oh, and in case you’re curious, my favorite place I recently visited was Angkor Wat, Cambodia. The temples were truly spectacular. And by far the best food in the world is in Malaysia. Not only is the food cheap, it is the most flavorful.
Pay off Your Debt Faster
If you don’t have enough cash, getting a personal loan from Credible is a good place to start.
Personal loan rates have come down significantly in comparison to the average credit card interest rate. Thus, if you have expensive credit card debt, consider consolidating your debt into a lower interest-rate personal loan.
Credible has the most comprehensive marketplace for personal loans. Up to 11 lenders compete for your business to get you the best rate. Get real personal loan quotes in just two minutes after you fill out an application. Check out Credible today and see how much you could save.
For further suggestions on saving money and growing wealth, check out my Top Financial Products page.
In addition, if you enjoyed this article and want to get more personal finance insights and tips, please sign up for the free Financial Samurai newsletter. You’ll get access to exclusive content only available to subscribers.
About the Author: Sam worked in investment banking for 13 years at GS and CS. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from The College of William & Mary and got his MBA from UC Berkeley. In 2012, Sam was able to retire at the age of 34 largely due to his investments that now generate roughly $250,000 a year in passive income. He spends most of his time playing tennis and taking care of his family. Financial Samurai was started in 2009 and is one of the most trusted personal finance sites on the web with over 1.5 million pageviews a month.