Thanks for your interest in advertising on Financial Samurai! This is the official Financial Samurai media kit.
Please e-mail financialsamurai AT gmail DOT com for partnership opportunities.
Financial Samurai was started in July 2009 and is one of the leading, independently owned, personal finance sites in the world.
100% of the articles are unique and based off firsthand experience because money is too important to be left up to pontification. The articles are filled with interesting stories that are often shared across the web.
If you want to advertise on an authoritative personal finance website that is written and managed by a 20+-year financial professional, you’ve come to the right place.
Quick Highlights About Financial Samurai
- The reader demographic is largely mass affluent.
- 68% of the readership is male
- 33% of readers make between $100,000 – $200,000 a year. 18% of readers make over $200,000 a year. 3.3% of readers make over $500,000 a year.
- The site receives about 1.5 million organic pageviews a month.
- Financial Samurai focuses on helping readers achieve financial independence sooner, rather than later.
- Main categories include wealth management, real estate, stock investing, retirement planning, career strategy, lending, and entrepreneurship.
- Financial Samurai is a regular contributor to CNBC and BusinessInsider.
- Financial Samurai has been featured in the majority of major financial media publications in America.
Advertising Opportunities On Financial Samurai
Each post reaches between 10,000 – 15,000 new readers on average in one week. Some can reach much more depending on the type of post and how it is featured in other media outlets. The post will be featured in the top spot on mobile, tablet, and laptop for at least 24 hours.
A sponsored post is a great way to share your value proposition in your words. It is also a great way to rank in search engines over time. Sponsored posts with giveaways are especially effective.
I write a weekly private newsletter that goes out to 30,000 subscribers with a 50% open rate. The subscribership is extremely loyal and supportive. The newsletter shares more of my personal thoughts on various personal finance subjcts.
I host the Financial Samurai podcast on (iTunes, Google Play, Spotify). It is a straightforward podcast that helps humanize any piece of writing on the site. The podcast is a great way to connect with the audience in a different medium.
Launched the Financial Samurai Forum in early 2019. We talk about early retirement, real estate investing, stocks, bonds, career strategies, negotiating a severance, entrepreneurship and more.
Sam Dogen Author Background
You can reader more about my background on my About page. Some highlights include:
- Worked 13-years at Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse. Retired in 2012 at age 34 with roughly $80,000 a year in passive income. Today, our passive income has grown to about $250,000 a year.
- Have written over 2,100 personal finance articles since Financial Samurai began in 2009.
- Got my undergrad degree at The College of William & Mary studying Economics and Mandarin. Got an MBA from UC Berkeley with a focus on real estate and entrepreneurship.
- My main life motto is: Never fail due to a lack of effort because effort requires no skill.
- If asked to define “happiness” in one word, I would choose the word “progress.” Progress in our relationships with loved ones, progress in our occupations, and progress in our spirituality all create happiness.
- I have lived in seven different countries and been to roughly 60 countries as of 2020. I speak Mandarin and English.
- Overcame severe asthma as a kid and can now play at least two hours of tennis at a time.
- Happily functions on about 6 hours of sleep per day because I am so excited to wake up and see what happened in the world while I dreamt. Love to take 30 minute naps after lunch.
- Fiercely loyal and will always take care of the people who helped m out.
- First time dad in 2017 to a son. Second time dad to a daughter in 2019. Family is the absolute greatest blessing in my life. Nothing comes close.
- Financial Samurai is proud to be one of the pioneers of the modern day FIRE movement.
- Wrote and composed a new lullaby for all parents out there called Cutie Baby.
- Wrote a 150-page book in its third edition for 2020 entitled, How To Engineer Your Layoff: Make A Small Fortune By Saying Goodbye. The book empowers employees with their legal rights and provides a framework for how to negotiate a healthy severance package. Never quit, get laid off instead.
- One of my favorite posts that talks about my why on Financial Samurai is: The Secret To Your Success: 10 Years Of Unwavering Commitment
Please e-mail financialsamurai AT gmail DOT com for partnership opportunities. For any further questions about the Financial Samurai media kit, feel free to ask. Please spend some time reading the linked posts in this article to get the best understanding of Financial Samurai.
My goal is to run Financial Samurai until my children grow up to be independent adults. In 20-25 years, if they decide they don’t want to work in the family business, I may decide to finally retire.