Here are the most popular posts on Financial Samurai in 2014.
2014 was a solid year for Financial Samurai. I wrote over 180 posts in 2014 (3.5 a week on average). Organic traffic grew by 50%, revenue grew by 74%, and operating income surged in the triple digits due to operational leverage and new advertising partnerships.
Search engine traffic accounted for roughly 75% of all traffic, which is good because people who search have a problem to solve. Search engine traffic can also be bad if search engines decide to demote your articles.
One of the best feedbacks I occasionally receive from readers is when they ask whether I make any money online. Trying to find the balance between commercial free posts, keep-the-lights on posts, and hybrid posts is always a challenge. Regardless of the type of article, my goal is to always try and make every article as interesting as the topic allows.
I have created this page as it came from the Chief Content Officer post I wrote in 2014. I've tidied it up in 2021.
Most Popular Posts On Financial Samurai In 2014
1) How Do People Live On Less Than Six Figures In Expensive Cities? – I say it's pretty difficult, unless you're willing to live like a college student for the rest of your life.
2) Confessions Of A Spoiled Rich Kid – Great insight by Financial Samurai reader Marco on his rich upbringing here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
3) The Average Savings Rate By Income (Wealth Class) – The media likes to drone on and on about how Americans don't save; not even high earning Americans. You'll be surprised by the average savings rate for the top 10%.
4) Focus On Building Net Worth More Than Growing Income – I don't care if you make $100,000 a year, $500,000 a year, or $1,000,000 a year. You have to have something to show for your income because there's a high likelihood your income will disappear or decline one day.
5) Why I'm Paying Down My Mortgage Early And Why You Should Too – There are a lot of benefits to paying down your mortgage. After this five year bull run, it's a good idea to lock in some gains to pay down some debt and start fully owning your real assets.
More Great Posts On Financial Samurai
6) If You Produce Nothing How Do You Expect To Make Any Money? – In order to make money, you've got to produce something. However, I'm learning that you can still make a lot of money just telling people what to do. I'll write a fun post about this in the future.
7) How Much Do I Have To Make As An Entrepreneur Or Contractor To Replace My Day Job Income? – I put together a very detailed expense analysis for those who want to become contractors or entrepreneurs. Definitely read this post before you take the leap of faith.
8) Are You Smart Enough To Act Dumb Enough To Get Ahead? – You must choose your spots to showcase your skills and knowledge. I recommend acting a little dumb or aloof so you can more easily surprise on the upside. There's a reason why it's always good to give work to the busiest person in the room.
9) A Massive Generational Wealth Transfer Is Why Everything Will Be OK – No longer is hard work, risk taking, and sacrifice the only way to get rich anymore. Our parents have invested through the biggest bull market in history. Where do you think all that money goes?
10) Bankers, Doctors, And Techies: You'll Never Get Rich Working For Someone Else – A sad look into the income and wealth potential of three high earning professions. Bankers, doctors, and techies will probably live comfortable lives if they remain employed, but it's unlikely they'll ever make the mega bucks.
Most Popular Posts On Financial Samurai In 2014 is a Financial Samurai original.