The next closest thing to any warm-blooded, heterosexual guy's heart besides making money is meeting women. Perhaps it's the same for lesbians too, but I can't be sure since I'm not one. Some guys are willing to give up all the money in the world to meet women. I think they're crazy because half the population are women, so you can meet them once you walk right out the door!
Given readers here are a sophisticated bunch, let's keep things professional. I'd like to focus on meeting the right women, not any woman to go hook up with and never talk to again. The best places to go are those that play to a woman's sensibility and her desires.
If an old buffoon with a nice spare tire like me can still meet quality women, anybody can.
THE BEST PLACES TO MEET THE RIGHT WOMEN
1) Chocolate festivals. I love chocolate, but more importantly, women love chocolate even more! Every year, I go to two huge chocolate festivals, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival and the Fort Mason Chocolate Salon. Each festival, the ratio of women to men is around 80/20.Women are in ecstasy as they stuff their faces, drink wine, and be merry. It is so easy to meet women and strike up a conversation. “Did you try the chocolate fudge brownies and hot coco?” Women are so welcoming when they are happy.
2) Food festivals. We have a bagillion food festivals here in San Francisco given the city's incredible diversity. Some of my favorites are the South American food festivals. Latinas love to party and socialize. It was evident when I visited Peru, Mexico, and Brazil, and it is still evident at these festivals. Add some carafes of sangria along with some poblanos and hello good times! Good food, like chocolate make women happy and you always have a better chance meeting women when they aren't rabid.
3) Spas. I try and get a massage once a month. They are therapeutic, especially when I play a lot of tennis, go mountain biking, or hike. Every time I go to a spa, it's usually 90-100% women. When you're waiting in the lobby, it's very easy to strike up a conversation and ask about various massage techniques. You can also ask women whether they recommend any particular maseuses or treatments. Insecure guys will think going to a spa is weird, therefore they don't go. Women who meet guys at spas tend to meet much more self-confident men who don't care what other people think. The guy just wants to relax and enjoy himself, especially with a hot masseuse.
4) Conferences. Going to a conference is a big commitment. You've got to register, buy a ticket, travel, and sometimes find lodging. All this adds up to a decent chunk of change, and by golly, you want to get something out of it! The people you meet at conferences are those who share your same interests. As a result, it's exceptionally easy to get to know single women there because you already have something instant to talk about. It could be a recent or upcoming presentation, or an inquiry of what they are doing afterward. I go to two conferences on average every year, and this is one of the easiest mediums to meet women. We're all captured, and might as well mingle with each other!
5) Charity fund raisers. There are charity fund raisers of all types. A couple months ago, I went on a 7 mile hike in the Sierra Nevada to raise money for autism. There I met two women who wanted to go out that evening. In August, I volunteer at a tennis event at the Bank of The West Classic to teach kids about the importance of effort, discipline, and fair play. 70% of the volunteers were female tennis players, and we all got to mingle and get to know each other for drinks afterwards. Finally, I went to a formal mayoral fund-raiser last month and met some of the most talented, high-powered women in recent memory. Women absolutely love getting dressed up and going to formal dress fundraisers with their girlfriends.
Bonus) The Gap. You know, the clothing company. The most coveted membership is not access to a fancy club. It's to the Gap cafeteria! The ratio of women to men is around 75%/25%, and a god portion of the 25% men aren't your competition. Dating is a numbers game. If you are in a room with 99 dudes and 1 woman, you can basically kiss your chances good-bye of ever finding someone. However, if you are in a room with 99 women and only you, well I guarantee you someone will want to be with you! Look for friends who work in retail and ask them to take you to their company's cafeteria. You'll be a kid in a candy store.
Related: How To Get A Rich Man To Marry You
WOMEN ARE EVERYWHERE
You never know when you'll meet that woman who ignites your fire. Those who go out more will naturally have a better chance of meeting women. It's simply a numbers game really. However, the above five venues are guaranteed to increase your chances of meeting someone by at least two fold. The combination of being physically attracted to someone while sharing the same interests creates some combustible passion!
The hard part is making your relationship last. Now that's a topic for a different post!
Readers, where are the best places to meet women? Do you think it's easy or hard to find the right woman in today's digitally wired society?
Dr. Sam Love
If you enjoyed this article, please sign up for my RSS Feed or E-mail Feed to keep in touch.
46 thoughts on “The Best Places To Meet The Right Women”
Pingback: The Best Way To Gain Financial Security Is To Develop Financial Buffers For Your Financial Buffers | Financial Samurai
the best way to meet a good woman is to have a friend or family member introduce you to her. it is very hard to meet women on my own, since many of them today are very hard to start a conversation with. years ago, meeting women was certainly a lot easier than now. times have changed, and so have the women. i do go out a lot, but trying to meet the right one is without a doubt hard, since many of them do not want to be bothered at all. i am hoping to be introduced myself to one that is looking to meet a man like me, that is very serious and is not into the bar scene to begin with.
meeting women is very difficult for me. many of the women today, are very nasty with a very bad attitude problem. why is that? it is very hard for me to start a conversation with them, they will walk away from me and sometimes curse as well. i never realized that we have so many low life women out there now. such a waste of humanity they are.
I think it’s easier for guys to meet single woman than it is for women to find or meet single guys. There are a lot more single women out there, than single men, and it sure isn’t hard to meet one. Trouble is, a lot of us plainer-looking women get totally ignored by men, who are seeking blonde bombshells.
I love the tip on the chocolate festival. A) the type of women who can enjoy good chocolate are the type of women who can enjoy life; not be scared of a few calories or risks, B) chocolate releases endorphins, so the women you meet will be in their best moods, C) who doesn’t love chocolate? While you gentlemen are perusing for women, you can enjoy the treats as well. Also, fellas, if you’re looking for some great date ideas that are easy on the wallet (and who isn’t?!).
The best place to meet a girl these days? Just go to university. With the new stats coming out showing a 60-40 split in our favour, it is definitely a “target-rich environment” (sorry, it’s hunting season). I am a big fan of the “MR” degree that has replaced the MRS degree of yesteryear!
I agree about Unversity being a perfect place. I guess I’m just trying to highlight areas that are not in the workplace or in school. A lot of us haven’t met our SOs so early on!
A friend recently met a woman at a film lecture!! And they both like the arts:)
Sounds like a good match!
Gap cafe? What the hell is this? Our Salt Lake City Gap doesn’t have anything close to that, otherwise I would not be asking. lol Food festivals is the best place out of all because you can filter really fast those guys who are already drunk, who are trying to get drunk and those who are designated drivers. I always pay attention to designated drivers. :)
Haha, yeah Gap cafeteria! Gap and Levi’s world headquarters are right in San Francisco.
You should Google which retailers have HQs in your city and go befriend someone who works there!
Gay bars are a good place to meet single women who are there with their gay friends. Seriously.
And straight guys will not have much competition.
Now, I don’t know if this would be a place to meet the *right* women, as it says in the post title, but is *a* place.
But, if you’re not looking for a gay lover, then you might get too much unwanted attention.
Sure, risk and reward kinda deal. A bit like walking into an Amway convention.
I donno about the fruits and veggie section. Seems too quick and painful. There needs to be a more captured, longer duration setting to make magic happen.
Yep, college is definitely a lucky place. I’m trying to help the less fortunate haha.
House partays for sure.
Why didn’t you put at work? You are bound to meet an interesting women if you work in the same field and share the same interests
Cause it’s dangerous… but also, that’s thinking inside the box. Everybody knows work and school already!
Who cares if it’s thinking in the box if it works
I care, bc I don’t want to read or write the same old stuff.
I read the title of the post and I immediately laughed. Great post :)! As a woman, for all the ones you have listed, I have never thought of them as good spots/occasions for men to meet women. If I were to attend any of those, I wouldn’t gone for myself, not thinking that maybe I’ll meet a guy there. A couple more to add to you list include a sports league/team, social dance classes, fitness classes/gym, and outdoor clubs.
That’s the point. We men DON’T want women to know! It has to be as natural and innocuous a setting as possible.
Co-ed sports for sure.
I’ll have to check out those chocolate festivals sometime. I don’t think I’ll meet anyone with Mrs. RB40 and baby in tow though. :)
Or, perhaps the Occupy Portland movement? I’m sure there are some women there looking for a charming guy like you!
I do not know personally, but I understand that dojo’s are pretty good places as well. I study martial arts, and there is a unique mix of individuals who study. I’ve studied some different styles over the years, and met many different folks along the way. I know of at least one couple who have now been married for close to 10 years who met in the dojo.
Given that a particular Art says a lot about a person, I think that you already know about a person’s basic philosophy. Each Art has it’s unique perspective and way of handling whatever; some are more physical, some more thoughtful. There are some places that are pretty competative, and some that meet just to learn the Art.
Wow… dojo, really? That would be cool if each spouse could kick the other’s ass!
Don’t forget volunteering, particularly something you are interested in. Many non profits and not for profits are filled with women. In addition, museums, particularly art museums and galleries. I s this how you met your wife?
Yep, that’s in point #5. Women love the volunteering man!
nice to see a post like this….
i’ve met more at upscale / organic grocery stores than anywhere else… think sprouts, wholefoods and the likes
Yeah, maybe. I’ve never had luck at Wholefoods. Safeway, now that’s a different story!
Slate recently did an article about how speed dating at ComicCon is a great way for women to meet quality men.
As a woman, I was definitely in the minority in my geeky/nerdy hobbies. And you know what, I never dated a guy who treated me poorly. I never dated a guy who didn’t respect my choices. And, with very few exceptions, I am still friends with most of the guys I dated. (One was even best man at my wedding.)
Of your list, I think conferences and charity fund raisers would be the best places to meet someone because then you know you already have something more substantial than both liking chocolate in common.
Oh man…. unless you are a super nerdy woman, I’m afraid of the ComicCon guys!
Core values have to be the same. I hear yah!
You forgot to mention Beta nightclub in Denver!
Hahahaha, nice. Never been, so wouldn’t know, but I’ll take your word for it! Good to meet up!
Good stuff. Love the chocolate festival idea. hEHE.
Your welcome Srini! Make sure you send me a shoutout when you find your choco festival woman!
Lol Sam you’re so funny. I’ve been hit on at a food festival once and it was quite weird but I see your point. I know a few people who met at bars so that’s an option too and probably not as odd as getting picked up at a spa haha.
It’s only weird if you were with a guy! But, if you were with a girlfriend or by yourself, maybe not! Think about it.
Um, abroad works as well!
Yeah, but those guys who try and might women abroad always come across as a little creepy. You know, the white guy who loves Japanese Anime in college and goes to Japan to find himself a woman who would never go out with him back home? Generalization of course…
What about a wine festival? (or is it called wine tasting…?) Anyways, ultimately, I think most people meet women in college. It was a success for me! Or, I feel like weddings would be a good hit too; I’m not suggesting ‘Wedding Crashers’ type of approach, but if you have a friend getting married, it might make for a good time to get to know someone.
Yep, included in #2. I’m offering out options for beyond the obvious college, workplace setting!
Maybe its just my group of friends but after I turned 23 all the weddings Ive gone to the past like 5 years theres been maybe a handful of women without dates there… COMBINED… I feel like wedding crashers made chicks feel even more like sluts by being that single girl at the wedding and ruined weddings for the rest of us.
I met my wife in college Calculus class over 2 decades ago.
That’s awesome. Having a legacy like that is unheard of now a days. I met my fiancee on a dating website! Go figure. Sheer boredom was why I signed up and now we’re as happy as ever. :)
Very nice! Dating websites are so hit or miss, and I actually have some posts on this topic in the queue! lol