Let's look at the top schools in the nation. Could it be that the top schools are all party schools? It looks like it!
The Top 20 Party Schools In The Nation, Ranked By The Princeton Review For 2021:
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- West Virginia University
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Lehigh University
- Bucknell University
- University of Iowa
- University of Mississippi
- Syracuse University
- Tulane University
- Colgate University
- University of California―Santa Barbara
- University of Delaware
- University of Rhode Island
- Wake Forest University
- College of Charleston
- University of Maine
- University of Vermont
- University of Florida
- University of Colorado―Boulder
- Florida State University
What do Penn State, Texas A&M, University of Illinois, Purdue, and Arizona State University have in common? They are considered the Top 5 best schools in the nation according to recruiters! Wall Street Journal has this unique ranking system where they essentially ask corporate recruiters to rank their best schools.
I've seen a lot of college surveys before, and not once have I ever seen any of these schools in the Top 5, let alone in the top 10. Let's be honest, for the same cost, would you go to one of these schools over Harvard, Yale, Penn, MIT, Michigan, or Berkeley? Most would say “probably not,” so what gives?
Let's have a look at why recruiters are so excited about these schools.
* Size. The average student population of the top 5 schools is around 28,000. This means that out of a class size of 7,000, there's a higher chance of finding someone they like.
* Sports. The top 5 schools all have big time basketball and football programs. Americans are obsessed with sports, which is why every single one of you should also play and at least follow sports.
* Public. All five schools are public schools. We are in a period where it's all about the middle class and not standing out. Anything private, that costs more than the average annual income of an American isn't going to fly.
* Competition. It's much easier getting into these top 5 schools with an average acceptance rate of ~50% vs. 15% for the traditionally accepted top schools. As a result, there's a less “the world owes me” type attitude as students are more humble and eager to please their perspective employers.
* Representation. Being a recruiter isn't exactly the hardest job in the world to land. As a result, there is a high likelihood that most of the recruiters come from the very schools they have voted to the top! We all want to take care of our own, and recruiters are no different.
Surveys are great because they can be manipulated to suit the surveyor's beliefs. Everybody looks out for their own, and the Wall Street Journal is no different. Look into the management of the WSJ and I'm sure you'll find one of them who is an alumni of their Top 5. The top schools in the nation really are party schools.
Penn State, Texas A&M, University of Illinois, Purdue, and Arizona State University are all fine schools. They just aren't the top schools the WSJ believes them to be, otherwise they'd have the most Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, Nobel Laureates, endowments, and so forth.
Frankly, the WSJ might as well rank colleges by their proximity to the Pacific Ocean! Now that would be a great survey! Did you go to one of the top schools in the nation?
Recommendation To Build Wealth
After learning about the top schools in the nation, sign up for Personal Capital, the web’s #1 free wealth management tool to get a better handle on your finances. In addition to better money oversight, run your investments through their award-winning Investment Checkup tool to see exactly how much you are paying in fees. I was paying $1,700 a year in fees I had no idea I was paying.
After you link all your accounts, use their Retirement Planning calculator that pulls your real data to give you as pure an estimation of your financial future as possible using Monte Carlo simulation algorithms. Definitely run your numbers to see how you’re doing. I’ve been using Personal Capital since 2012 and have seen my net worth skyrocket during this time thanks to better money management.
Refinance Your Student Loans
Refinance your student loans today. Check out Credible, a student loan marketplace that has qualified lenders competing for your business. Credible provides real rates for you to compare so you can lower your interest rate and save. Getting a quote is easy and free. Take advantage of our low interest rate environment today! The top schools in the nation tend to be very expensive.